By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why did the wired controller fail?

Doesn't make sense to me!

Wired controller: long cord, light, just as sturdy, PC compatible (), never needs batteries...

Wireless controller: battery drainer, not PC compatible unless you have that receiver (the plug & play cable DOES NOT sync contrary to belief), bulkier due to its battery pack...

I love my wired controllers. It just confuses me how the wired one didn't survive. You can't even really find 'em in stores anymore!

Around the Network

It's wired.

Because you have to be a certain length from the TV... And you have to deal with all those wires.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I actually use it as my "main" controller :P

Ever had like a 3 year old walk by as your playing and gets caught on your "wired" controller tearing down your whole console system off your shelf smashing it into the ground?

Ever seen a "wired" TV remote controller? If it works for TV why not for Consoles as a game controller's purpose is the practically the same as a TV remote.

Around the Network

Both times my Wii fell on the floor, the wired GC controller was to blame... that's why I don't want wired controllers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I have a USB for my PS3. Charge and Play for my 360, and Gamecube controllers for my Wii. When the need arises, I'm wired. But somebody has tripped on every one of them at some point.

Cause it gets messy. Look at this mess... Imagine if 360s and Wii had wired controllers on top.

Wires get in the way. They tie down my free spirit. Wireless is now low-power and low-latency enough that it makes perfect sense in the console space. After an initial investment in rechargables, I don't consider battery management to be much of an issue.

The worst thing about the Gamecube controller is that 2m cable. Totally inadequate.

@ V-r0cK

I grew up watching videos on a VCR with a wired remote. Seems so silly now.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Cos they took away the ports to plug them into!!!!!!!!!!