By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up PS3 Still >Than 360 MW2 Sells 8.14million

Bladeforce said:
Netyaroze said:
mightyERone said:
Netyaroze said:
mightyERone said:

WOW!!  Even with your price cuts, CODMW2 and Uncharted 2 the Wii still outsold the HD twins...  I dont know how Nintendo dose it...  WOW!!!

LOL try it again:

WII 559k

PS3+Xbox360 621k

Difference is 62K in favor for the HD Consoles. After this Christmas Wii probably be way down in the percentage.

Yep, the big differenc is Wii/DS sales >  Everything else combined by 125k. Again with no big MW2 or Uncharteds.  WOW!!!!!!

You didnt said WII/DS outsold HD TWins you said WII outsold it.  The had much much better times. Its still down YOY like the DS and its BAD for the WII if it gets outsold through the HD Consoles. If you wow at this even if its bad performance for the WII compared to the past. And if you wow every time Wii and DS outsold the HD Twins you can WOW all the time.

If I say WOW then to comment an achievment which is rare. For the WII this week is disappointing. Ofcourse it has great sales but still down compared to last year. And Wii to not outsell the HD Consoles is disappointing to. Not for me but a lot of people said WII 50% for sure. ANd this is looking very unlikely.

Fact is that Wii is the weakest leader of all times. It didnt even manage to unite 50% of the market and if the Xbox360 will be strong this Christmas the Wii could loose 1-2% marketshare over the Holidays. If you are honest the Wii is not in such a good position. Marketleader have usually more lot more then 50%. PS2 = 73% PS1 = 71% SNES= 61% NES= 82% Wii=48.6% and falling. I cant see big reasons to celebrate.

LOL and both Microsoft and Sony wouldnt love to have the Wii's profits in their coffers. If anything this SD box is laughing at the HD twins. It comes to something when sales of a SD console are being compared to 2 HD consoles produced by MUCH larger companies. Just LOL

:D

What has this to do with anything I mentioned above ? I never said that Profits of Nintendo wouldnt be appreciated from Sony or MS. And what have larger companies  to do with the success of a product ? Are just Products of large companies succesful ?  Nintendo is not small. Its in your eyes probably like Apple. Always the Underdog. If you want to comment next time something you dont agree with you should probably use arguments which fit to the context. You used some stereotypes and hoped It would work.

Around the Network
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
PS3 still seems new to me because it launched in march 2007 here in europe and 360 old since it launched in december 2005

yea, ps3's a baby in europe still, not even been out for 3 years yet... which makes the sales look even more impressive. people seem to forget this. heads up to europeans, video store is out and kicking! got some awesome movies on there!

mightyERone said:

WOW!!  Even with your price cuts, CODMW2 and Uncharted 2 the Wii still outsold the HD twins...  I dont know how Nintendo dose it...  WOW!!!

Umm, a price cut of their own and Wii Fit +?  

ethomaz said:

Last week WW adjustments:

Wii : 471,169 to 478,942 = +1.5%
DS : 376,281 to 416,622 = +10.7%
PS3 : 281,065 to 285,067 = +1.4%
360 : 251,178 to 263,880 = +5.0%
PSP : 167, 960 to 173,560 = +3.3%
PS2 : 60,438 to 62,384 = +3.2%

All UP.

360 up? thought is was overtracked in the states wasnt it? wii was massively overtracked!

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ethomaz said:

Last week WW adjustments:

Wii : 471,169 to 478,942 = +1.5%
DS : 376,281 to 416,622 = +10.7%
PS3 : 281,065 to 285,067 = +1.4%
360 : 251,178 to 263,880 = +5.0%
PSP : 167, 960 to 173,560 = +3.3%
PS2 : 60,438 to 62,384 = +3.2%

All UP.

wii was massively overtracked!

wii is always overtracked in here.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Down yoy but still dominating. So The HD twins have a huge multiplat title and neither can surpass the Wii which had nothing. Mario just dropped, looking forward to the Wii hitting 1m or close to it during BF week. I'll tell you right now no HD twin will hit those kind of numbers, yet its always the Wii who is underperforming, its baffling.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
Down yoy but still dominating. So The HD twins have a huge multiplat title and neither can surpass the Wii which had nothing. Mario just dropped, looking forward to the Wii hitting 1m or close to it during BF week. I'll tell you right now no HD twin will hit those kind of numbers, yet its always the Wii who is underperforming, its baffling.

The Wii is underperforming because it is down massivley YoY despite a pricecut and a bunch of high selling SW.

Arius Dion @

That is amazing when you think about it.
It seems Wii will never gain the respect from a certain part of the videogaming community. But, it´s just the way things are I suppose, the console does not cater to everybody and it stands for something so new and different that it´s threatening and alienating to some people. It doesn´t change the fact that Wii won this generation among homeconsoles and the history will view it as such.

Carl2291 said:
Arius Dion said:

The Wii is underperforming because it is down massivley YoY despite a pricecut and a bunch of high selling SW.

Yes...why does everyone ignore this?

lol anomightyERone said:

lol look wii fanboys, the wii is not competing with the ps3 and 360. The wii market just happens to be bigger, but don't think the same people buying the wii are people that would have ever brought a ps3 or 360. XDDDD