By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 Disappointing

MODERN WARFARE 2 FTW BABY WATEVER U SAY IT WONT HURT ITS SALES lol no meaning to troll sry if i disappointed u now lol :P

Around the Network
irstupid said:

it still means that i can't have friends over to play, we need to each be at our own place.  which is gay.  i like gaming with actual physical interaction not over some damn headset.

You still be able to play split screen with your friend in your house... or with two tv sets without split screen...

all you want is there... give a look at a mall...

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

MikeB said:

MW2 meets my expectations, but because I didn't have that high expectations compared to PS3 exclusives.

It is of course strange games like Halo and Call of Duty (or certain sports games) don't receive a similar penalty for being so similar to past titles, while for other games like for example Ratchet & Clank: TOD (which had quite a bit of unique gameplay, like the great sixaxis controlled flight sections) do.

So there's clear bias involved, especially from the US press it seems.

^This.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

ur face is disapointing!

I don't really think your disappointment in MW2 really deserves it's own thread. To be honest, there have been at least 5 other disappointment threads since the game launched. It would be best if you expressed your disappointment in one of the existing threads.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I think your friend has to be at his house

Well yes it looks worse than Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2, but that does not matter. It should not be directly compared with either of them, because this is different type of shooter. Those are both more tactical, whereas CoD is a lot more frantic and more about action that methodically taking out enemies from behind cover. And the online is even better than KZ 2s

are you serious?  CoD is a camp fest.  I know a few people camp at the spawn grenades in KZ2, but in CoD, most people hide, and half of the games reach the time limit before the score limit.  You are correct that they are different games, you just got the rest backwards.

demon123 said:

Well picked up this game yesterday. Had been playing uncharted 2 ever day before buying this. I loved COD 4 and was hoping for an improvement in graphics and gameplay. First off, I was disappointed with the graphics. They look outdated, the same as COD 4. Gameplay was also the same. Dont get me wrong, the game is fun but I was hoping for so much more. I just feel that for ps3 owners with killzone 2 and uncharted 2, the bar has been raised considerably. Maybe modern warfare 2 has not lived up to expectations because of the limitations of other consoles as it is cross platform.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Err, no.

For me, gameplay is where it's at. I had a blast with KZ2 and U2, but the vast amount of things I can do online or offline with MW2 is staggering. Plus, 9M other folks can't be wrong either. I do not think U2 or KZ2 going multiplat would produce these kinds of numbers, IMHO.

kibebr said:
irstupid said:

it still means that i can't have friends over to play, we need to each be at our own place.  which is gay.  i like gaming with actual physical interaction not over some damn headset.

You still be able to play split screen with your friend in your house... or with two tv sets without split screen...

all you want is there... give a look at a mall...

so your saying i can have 1 other person go online with me and play with whatever # is now, 16 or whatever other people online.  Or is this splitscreen only for offline, and or story mode.   And again two tv's that is bullshit.

how come games get docked for not having online multiplayer, yet no docking for lack of offline multiplayer, or mutliple poepel online mutlplayer.

a game only has perfect multiplayer if you can do all this.

1. Story mode 4 player min co-op online and off.  any variation of poeple on consoles, whether 3 are on one console and one someone online, or 2:2, 1:3, ect.

2. Offline mutliplayer: 4 people on a console, and can hook up lan with other consoles.

3. Online Multiplayer: up to 4 people can play on one console and go online with others.

and none of those concepts are new, so why shouldn't htey be able to do them.  co-op sotyr online was available for marvel ultimate alliance.  You could play strory mode with others online, and someone could pick up a controller at your place and join in too. 

offline multliplayer, 4 people was back in goldeneye and probably before.  lan was used for halo 1.

online mutliplayer 4 peopel adn mutliple on a console is available for halo 3.

Now there might be earlier games than those i mentioned, but the fact remains that they were all available and done good before, so why can't these games do them.  And why are htey not docked for missing thos features.

demon123 said:

Well picked up this game yesterday. Had been playing uncharted 2 ever day before buying this. I loved COD 4 and was hoping for an improvement in graphics and gameplay. First off, I was disappointed with the graphics. They look outdated, the same as COD 4. Gameplay was also the same. Dont get me wrong, the game is fun but I was hoping for so much more. I just feel that for ps3 owners with killzone 2 and uncharted 2, the bar has been raised considerably. Maybe modern warfare 2 has not lived up to expectations because of the limitations of other consoles as it is cross platform.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Cool stealth troll there. "Other consoles" eh? Whatever could you mean?!?

OT: This is a lot like Killzone 2 or Barack Obama for a lot of people I think, the expectations were set to a place that it would have been impossible  to acheive. Keep your expectations realistic (Don't expect an FPS sequel to change the way you look at the world) and you won't have this problem.