By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Need Help: Can Modern Warfare 2 run on a Xbox 360 Arcade Console?

This is like asking 'can an Xbox play a game' :P
But I get where you're coming from, and I think getting an Elite could be worth the Xtra money.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I highly doubt that the basic save file of any 360 game exceeds the size of 256 megabyte, but all 360 models have a failure rate of something like 234 %, so an arcade model might not run MW2.

/end thread!

Here in Canada they still have 256 mb and use the older motherboards. I suggest you get at least a 60gb model. The Arcade tends to run you into problems later when you actually want to game on it.

I had issues with the 256mb arcade because after I downloaded the NXE i had very little space left. after getting a map pack for gears of war 2 i had no space at all left and could not save.

RolStoppable said:
shinyuhadouken said:
RolStoppable said:
I highly doubt that the basic save file of any 360 game exceeds the size of 256 megabyte, but all 360 models have a failure rate of something like 234 %, so an arcade model might not run MW2.

i rather buy an xbox over and over again than waste my life playin wii/ds.

If you buy that many Xboxes, you surely have one to spare, right? I'll send you my address in a PM.

kthxbye

i currently have 3..n yeah i would love to give'em to you.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

What do you think was the point of the MW2 bundle? This is the ONLY Xbox 360 console that can run MW2... and they sold 5.5 million of them first week.

---

serious: If you want to get a Xbox360, go for the Elite, check some nice black friday bundles.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
Spedfrom said:
This is why Microsoft will probably never win a console generation.

The best thread of the year also has the best post?

Damn!!!!!

LOL, birds of a feather fail together.

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Spedfrom said:
This is why Microsoft will probably never win a console generation.

To be fair, the OP owns a PS3. Maybe he's just shocked you can play HD games without a hard-drive being mandatory.

Its so sad how people these days love to critcize others so easily. I'm sorry I don't know that much about the Xbox's hardware. I forgot. You can't make mistakes on this site. You have to be perfect.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

@ Snake612

You sound shocked that a bunch of gaming nerds are obnoxious.

@Boneitis

lol

And

@OP

You need to check the following

1.Make sure your CPU/GPU are up to date

2.Make sure you have enough Ram

3.Make sure you have enough HDD space

4. Get the latest patches

5.If a black screen appears, or it freezes up, quickly turn it off,and uninstall the patches, then redownload them and repeat the process.

Oh wait.. Your not on a computer, your on a Xbox 360!!