By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you buy games and not play them?

Happens all the time. I pick up 50-$60 games on clearance for $10-$15, and dont get to play them forever.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

i do it all the time, or i might play them for about an hour and never go back to finishing them.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

I have a massive PS1&2 back log some are still shrink-wrapped not to mention my Xbox360 collecetion Bioshock is still in its wrapper since '07. I haven't bolsetered my RPG collection with the likes of Lost Odyssey, Magna Carta, Tales oV, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Star Ocean4 nor Infinite Undiscovery(already havce the cash for them too).

multiplayer games kill time

All the time.

It's part of being a gamer.

Out of the 50 or so 360 games i have there are some that are still in the plastic wrapping, and they're old games too. 1 or two my wife plays (which means i'm not allowed to play them until she's done otherwise she gets mad when i get further ahead then her in a game). And there must be 5 or so that I've played for 30 min or less. List....

Never opened
1. Over lord2
2. Too human
3. Bioshock
4. Call of duty 3
5. Crackdown
6. Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
7. Gun

30 min or less games
1. Amped 3
2. Battle stations midway
3. Eragon
4. Mirrors edge
5. Need for speed carbon
6. NHL 08
7. 99 Nights
8. Outfit
9. Ghost recon A.W.
10. Tomb raider legend

Games my wifes playing that i cannot (not allowed) to play
1. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
2. Prince of Persia
3. Lost Odyssey
4. Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
5. Infinite Undiscovery

Around the Network

Still have numerous PS2 games i havent played but i unwrapped them so they wont feel left out with the rest of my games XD

Pff so many...I have a collection of more than 150 xbox 360 games so yeah it happens that I buy games that I don't play. That is being a collector for something.

Oh God, yes. But since the Holidays are the most depressing time of year, listing them would probably depress me to the point of suicide. But if I ever lose my legs (but not my penis, mind you), and get stuck inside the house, I've got the entertainment part covered.

I have many PS2 games that I haven't touched or barely played. For example I bought FFXII Collector's Edition and I'm still 20-30 minutes into the game. I play all of the current gen games that I buy though.

I buy alot of PS2, Xbox and GC games on ebay just to add to my massive collection. As for new games, I did it to a few, I was hoping I would have time for them but other more important games came along. But I am now currently playing the last one of those games, Mirror's Edge.