By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you buy games and not play them?

Oh I do! Specially with RPGs! My library is so backed up that I still have like 20 PS2 games I have yet to play!!! The only ones I stay current with are the mad multiplayer games like Halo 3, Modern Warfare 2, football games, etc!

Around the Network

Yes, I'm actually pretty terrible about buying games, get an hour or two into them, and then never playing them again (I'm also bad about just not finishing games in general).

Some recent games I've done that to:

• Left4Dead2 -- Have it installed, haven't played it yet.
  • Modern Warfare 2 -- I finished the training and haven't picked it up again yet, hopefully I will.
  • Demon's Soul -- A lot of fun, I just haven't gotten around to playing it again
  • NCAA 10 -- I made it most of the way through a season!
  • The Secret of Monkey Island -- I haven't even started this one yet
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum -- Got an hour or two into it and haven't picked it up again even though I really liked it
  • 'Splosion Man -- Got to a really hard jump pretty early on, got angry, and haven't picked it back up
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla -- Really liked destroying things but then the Mars police started bothering me and stopped me from just destroying things so I haven't played since.

my logic is, if theres a great deal on a game, i buy it. Problem is there are many deals , and i buy too many games. I have a huge backlog.

i buy a game then the next week buy another and left the first one in the dust.

trashleg said:
RE:4
LoZ:collector's edition (came with MK:DD)
Excite Truck
Starfox Adventures
Eternal Darkness
Shinobi (Master System)
Alex Kidd and the Enchanted Castle (MS)

and thats just off the top of my head

play RE4 you won't regret.

Around the Network

I didn't finish:

Rise of the Argonauts - because it's boring as hell (stopped playing when fighting this centaur boss)
Dead Space - awsome game but too scary for me to play by myself :-p

i like to buy a lot of games, yet i usually don't beat them and sometimes i don't even play them... like this week i bought NFS:Nitro and Rabbids Go Home, then 2 days later i got NSMBWii and forgot all about those two...

if a new game come along then you can pretty much forget about me ever touching them lol

I bought Zone of the Enders in Collecters Edition and haven't touched it.

Why is this a Microsoft thread?

I never used to buy games and not play them until this gen probably because I have so much money this time around combined with the fact I am married. Last gen was a student so only bought games that were must have. In fact prior to this gen there was no game I had ever played that I didn't finish.

This gen games I have bought and hardly played are:

Cooking Mama Wii
COD MW2 360 (only just came out bought played it and hated it so unlikely to go back to it much)
Conduit Wii
Wii Sports Resort (will eventually put some time into this one)
Pro Evo 2008 Wii (only played about an hour)
Pro Evo 2009 360 (played only 1 5 minute match)
Pro Evo 2009 Wii (has not even ever been into my Wii)

Games I have played and not finished:

No More Heroes (making money to enter missions was most boring experience ever)
Metroid Prime 3 (stopped at final boss)
Zelda Phantom Hour Glass (got fed up of having to keep going back to that temple)

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

finalrpgfantasy said:
trashleg said:
RE:4
LoZ:collector's edition (came with MK:DD)
Excite Truck
Starfox Adventures
Eternal Darkness
Shinobi (Master System)
Alex Kidd and the Enchanted Castle (MS)

and thats just off the top of my head

play RE4 you won't regret.

okay! i will  .. at the weekend :D

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.