By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (11/9 – 11/15) -- FF:TCB Is 7th!!

samus aran rules said:

Jarrod @

I agree about the MH2G issue. It makes no sense to add the totals of those two games and besides the offical trackers has chosen not to do so. We also know that there is no way that the game would have sold as much as it has if it hadn´t been for 2ndG.

Let´s say that Wii gets MH3G. Would we add those sales to MH3´s total? I think not and I´m a Wiifan. It makes no sense. I agree with adding sales for a best price version, it´s the same game but not new releases that add new elements.

I'm not saying they should be combined, but I was just making the likely defense of the title. I still think 2G is just a glorified expansion.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

outlawauron @

A glorified expansion that has sold to a very big part of the group that bought the original game. The question that sparked this debate had to do with what thirdparty game that would sell the most this generation in Japan. I´m just pointing out that it is incorrect and very misleading to compare MHF2+2G sales combined with other thirdpartytitles like for exemple DQIX. There is no way MHF2 would have sold as well as DQIX by itself.

samus aran rules said:

outlawauron @

A glorified expansion that has sold to a very big part of the group that bought the original game. The question that sparked this debate had to do with what thirdparty game that would sell the most this generation in Japan. I´m just pointing out that it is incorrect and very misleading to compare MHF2+2G sales combined with other thirdpartytitles like for exemple DQIX. There is no way MHF2 would have sold as well as DQIX by itself.

I know! I own the original and the expansion myself. It was budget priced and I could not resist.

In fairness, I'd be shocked if DQIX doesn't get an "International" rerelease in Japan with ay western content additions. It's not quite the same as a "MHP2G" or a "Pokemon Emerald", but it's probably the only way Wada's going to get his 5 million.

jarrod said:
In fairness, I'd be shocked if DQIX doesn't get an "International" rerelease in Japan with ay western content additions. It's not quite the same as a "MHP2G" or a "Pokemon Emerald", but it's probably the only way Wada's going to get his 5 million.

I'd be shocked if Wada didn't throw something like that in.

Do we know of what, if anything, is being added to the NA release?

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
jarrod said:

I'd be shocked if Wada didn't throw something like that in.

Do we know of what, if anything, is being added to the NA release?

No clue yet, just inadvertent confirmation it's a 2010 game (from Nintendo, lol).  Online play would make sense though.

Does anybody know what's the differense between the two Inazuma Eleven 2 versions? (Fire and Blizzard) Should they be considered different games or not?

Rei said:

Does anybody know what's the differense between the two Inazuma Eleven 2 versions? (Fire and Blizzard) Should they be considered different games or not?

As far as I know, just different team members.  Same as the dual Pokemon release (different monsters).  Since they're not expanded/remixed later rereleases though, it makes sense to combine them.

Now, if we get Inazuma Eleven 2 Lightning or something next year, that'd be a different story...

@kopstudent89, ur predictions are not looking good at all for Wii matching 2008 numbers in Japan n resurgence of Japanese software

jarrod said:
Rei said:

As far as I know, just different team members.  Same as the dual Pokemon release (different monsters).  Since they're not expanded/remixed later rereleases though, it makes sense to combine them.

Now, if we get Inazuma Eleven 2 Lightning or something next year, that'd be a different story...

This is exactly the way I´d count the sales and it´s also they way that trackers like Famitsu and Media Create has chosen.