By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 has outsold 360 by 1.5 million since the price cut/slim combo

according to vgchartz, i didnt realise until i just checked the charts. thats very good for ps3. how much more from now till the end of the year? i say another 1.5 million. next week is probably the last week where 360 will be quite close to ps3. after that ps3 will be flying way ahead.

Around the Network

another 2+mill

Play Me

Natal can't come soon enough. They better have a "slim", killer app and pricedrop to go with it.

XBOX 360 IS DOOMED!111!!111

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

The only way they can defeat Sony is at $99 now

Around the Network

PS3 can outsell 360 for a long period i bet ps3 will be outselling 360 until nov 2010

Is this an official 360 is doomed thread? if so DOOOOOOOOMED!!11!!ONE!!!ELEVEN!!!11!

There are still quite a few million consoles extra to move before it starts getting dramatic or interesting for either party but it is quite amazing none the less.
When the 360 dropped its price last year, no one thought it could outsell the PS3 at length and when the PS3 Slim launched and the price was cut, no one thought it could do what the 360 did last year.
Do we never learn or is this generation simply too strange to fathom?

I dont know... with sony's financial reports it seems to me like sony is shooting themselves in the foot with each PS3 sold.

Hopefully they show a profit next quarter for all those PS3s sold...

Mummelmann said:
There are still quite a few million consoles extra to move before it starts getting dramatic or interesting for either party but it is quite amazing none the less.
When the 360 dropped its price last year, no one thought it could outsell the PS3 at length and when the PS3 Slim launched and the price was cut, no one thought it could do what the 360 did last year.
Do we never learn or is this generation simply too strange to fathom?

but you do have to take into account that the lowest ps3 sku was 400 dollars and that was still alot, and the 360 was considered the better deal........... back then. However now is a totally different story.