By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Taylor Swift vs The Beatles

If she does it in 20 years then it just proves that she isn't as much of a game changer.

The Beatles were only active for less then a decade. Within that period they released 12 albums which saw them change from a simple rock pop band to probably the most innovative force in rock music history.

It wasn't just what they did, its the fact that they did in such a short period of time.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Ps3 said:
zexen_lowe said:
OK, now that you posted, The Beatles are 1000x times better

I'm talking about singing talent too. I honestly don't think any beetles song has incredible vocals.

I could continue all day, there were masters of singing

Taylor won female vocalist of the year at the country awards. She beat out some of the best voices in the country world today. How many young girls can actually write like she can? I'm not trying to not give the Beatles credit, cause they deserve it.. but I think Taylor could potentially be up there with them.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

FaRmLaNd said:
If she does it in 20 years then it just proves that she isn't as much of a game changer.

The Beatles were only active for less then a decade. Within that period they released 12 albums which saw them change from a simple rock pop band to probably the most innovative force in rock music history.

It wasn't just what they did, its the fact that they did in such a short period of time.

Well she takes her time and writes her music, she doesn't just slop it together... I mean 12 albums is rather quick IMO.

Okay.. maybe she can become even more successful in a few years.. If she did it would you say shes greater than them?

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Signalstar said:
Are you on drugs?

That's not fair to drug users.  As a matter of fact, most drug users would know better.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

NinjaguyDan said:
Signalstar said:
Are you on drugs?

That's not fair to drug users.  As a matter of fact, most drug users would know better.

I think some people are just being really biased for the Beatles.

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
NinjaguyDan said:
Signalstar said:
Are you on drugs?

Yeah, sorry for being biased towards the most important and influential band in history in detriment of someone that has 3 years of career and hasn't changed music in any way. She has talent, given, but so do a lot of people. And even with that talent, no one has ever come close to being as half as importants as the Beatles have been to music, and that only in less than 10 years of career and only 13 albums...

No one is being biased. The fact is that she will never be as big as the Beatles were. She isn't even that big today really.....

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Ps3 said:
FaRmLaNd said:

Well she takes her time and writes her music, she doesn't just slop it together... I mean 12 albums is rather quick IMO.

Okay.. maybe she can become even more successful in a few years.. If she did it would you say shes greater than them?

How do we define success? Critical reception? Album sales? Concert attendance? Popularity on social networking sites like youtube?

I mean in terms of Album sales its just not going to happen. The Beatles have sold more records then any other artist. Some people even estimate they've sold over a billion records. The only Artists that come close is MJ and Elvis and the Beatles have sold more records then they have this decade. I mean the beatles have only been outsold by eminem in America this decade.

I mean no disrespect to her, I mean she has impressive album sales and from what I could see on her wiki page the critics seem to like her. But its going to take a lot more than that.

Not to mention calling the Beatles albums slapped together is quite ignorant, they spent quite a long time crafting their later albums. The only reason they didn't spend more time on their original albums was because the industry was different then. It was a single driven era where artists were expected to release multiple albums every year. The very fact swift can spend the time she needs in the studio is because of pioneers like the Beatles and the Beach boys (Pet Sounds) who used their increased status to get the increased stuio time.

zexen_lowe said:
Ps3 said:
NinjaguyDan said:
Signalstar said:
Are you on drugs?

Yeah, sorry for being biased towards the most important and influential band in history in detriment of someone that has 3 years of career and hasn't changed music in any way. She has talent, given, but so do a lot of people. And even with that talent, no one has ever come close to being as half as importants as the Beatles have been to music, and that only in less than 10 years of career and only 13 albums...

How hasn't she changed music? She has opened so many doors for country artists. She is the first country artist to cross over to pop since Shania and Shania wasn't even this big on pop. Her last few singles have went #1 on pop radio. She has won so many awards. She is still young in her career, its unfair to compare all those accomplishments.. Compare it to their 3 year period.. I'm sure shes ahead.

supermario128 said:
No one is being biased. The fact is that she will never be as big as the Beatles were. She isn't even that big today really.....

She isn't big!? Do you NOT follow music charts? She has the hihgest selling album in the last like 3 years, she has #1's from this album, she is winning every award left and right. If you can get your hands on her concert tickets I'll eat my hat cause her entire tour sold out within like 10 minutes. She is probably about 10 times bigger than the other biggest artists today. She is on top of the world.