By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Predictions, How long until the next Xbox?

Thanks guys, Im going to try the 360 out, Il get it this weekend.

Around the Network
Taz! said:

as an added bonus the new 360s use less power than the PS3 slim... hell I think they use less than the Wii now.  Feel free to add me and hit up the bargin bins for some of the early exclusives like Dead Rising Condemned

2+ Years.

They might announce it next E3, but wont appear on shelfs until 1+ year after that.

2012 if Natal doesn't catch on. 2013 if it does.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Taz! said:

Just a warning compared to the PS3 ( even compared to my PC) X360 is still very noisy.

Around the Network

^^LOL prepare to defend your self!!!

OT:maybe 2012?? or longer?

Unless Natal ends up being a complete failure, 2012 would be the minimum.

Both Sony and Microsoft has made statements that they wanted their systems to extend this generation well beyond the traditional 5 year period. Even if they were lying, both MS and Sony aren't in the best positions to just spring a new system on the console scene at this time. With Sony trying to restructure itself from within, including the ailing gaming division, and just starting to increase its marketshare. And Microsoft focusing a HUGE percent of its companies efforts (including R&D and marketing) on trying to launch a new OS and 'take on' Google.

Even overlooking these points however, there's just the simple timing of releasing a new console. Both MS and Sony recognize that they've been fighting with each other this whole gen, not against the actual leader, Nintendo. And two years ago, they made a complete 180 degree shift in their thinking. They started to incorperate the strategies and ideas of Nintendo and try to adapt them to their model, from 'avatars' on Live to straight copying with Natal and the Wand. All of this retooling is going to drastically change the models of both Sony and Microsofts next consoles, as they try to incorporate the huge markets Nintendo just opened up into their next venture and not just focus on making the most expensive and 'edgy' systems possible to appeal to 'hardcore' gamers.

And frankly, you can't create a console with so many variables quickly. Even Natal itself won't be fully realized by 2011. Even its early release to consumers will only be that of a beta with limited developer support, much like the first Wiimote.

If anything, the next consoles are a long time off. And its more based on the moves of the market and technology which will ultimately lead to one of the major developers to release their system first. And I'm betting that company will be Nintendo.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

i hope its not before 2012,2013 and i don't think it will be, new game engines are coming out,some already out that should make games look better than what we have now. not to mention i think developers are really just now learning to put out some really nice looking games and just entering the point where there pretty comfortable working with the systems that are out now. i don't think Microsoft, Sony or the developers wont to start all over again just when there hitting stride.

Yep, i'm a girl

Didn't you hear? It's coming out tomorrow!