By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinity Ward describes relationship with Treyarch

disolitude said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Treyarch fucking sucks and copies every idea IW has. I bet Call of Duty 7 goes back to WWII courtesy of Treyarch.

You don't know what you are talking about and are a walking example of an ignorant gamer.

Games done by Treyarch

Die by the Sword (1998)
Die by the Sword: Limb from Limb (1998) (Expansion Pack)

Triple Play 2000 (1999)
Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm (2000)
Max Steel: Covert Missions (2000)
Triple Play 2001 (2000)
NHL 2K2 (2001)
Triple Play Baseball (2001)
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer (2002)
Minority Report: Everybody Runs (2002)
Spider-Man (2002)
NHL 2K3 (2002)
Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (2005)
Ultimate Spider-Man (2005)
Call of Duty 3 (2006)
Spider-Man 3 (2007) (Only developed the Xbox 360, PC & PS3 version of the game)
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (2008) Wii, PS3, PS2, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC
Quantum of Solace (2008) PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS, PC
Call of Duty: World at War (2008) PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC , Nintendo DS
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex (2009) Wii

Games done by Infinity Ward

Call of Duty 
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I'd say one is a little bit more multi talented than the other.

Oh snap, I use to play and love Die by the Sword, the game is fantastic.  It game would translate well over to the Wii when I come to think of it, you used your mouse movement to control how you swung your sword.  Awkward at first, but as you got into it, so brilliant.

The arena mode is brilliant for multiplayer, so hilarious when you lost a leg and continue fighting while hopping.  There are many monsters you can fight as/against in the arena, a story mode and tournament mode.

Edit:

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Interesting read.

People tend to consider Treyarch inferior devs to Infinity Ward. I am not so sure anymore.

Treyarch make many kinds of games for many kinds of platforms in many kinds of genres. Some are good some are not...but they try different things.

Infinity Ward make 1 game again and again...

This.. IW is shit devs. What have they ever done? COD. Aaaaand what have they done this gen? RUINED the COD series!!! Wooow, the first MW was boring after a month, but at least it was decent and was a fresh entry in the COD series. However COD2 is still my favorite. MW2 however can almost be considered an expansion pack of MW with only one goal: to make money. There are so little thought put into this game, they just hyped their game and took peoples money. PS3 and PC version are completely shit. PS3 has been reported to be breaking PS3 quite often aswell. The game lacks basic features such as dedi servers. The campaign length is something between 3-5 hours. The graphics in general are under par, and they have barely added anything new since MW. IW is clearly NOT what they used to be.

I don't really give a shit about the game though. Only annoying thing is that most of my friends were stupid enough to buy the game and they all want me to buy it as well. I just reply that I don't buy or play shitty games, and then I have to tell them why I think so. It gets tiring stating the obvious all the time. Two of my friends also got the YLOD while playing MW2. I am staying far away from this pile of shit.

disolitude said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Treyarch fucking sucks and copies every idea IW has. I bet Call of Duty 7 goes back to WWII courtesy of Treyarch.

You don't know what you are talking about and are a walking example of an ignorant gamer.

Games done by Treyarch

Die by the Sword (1998)
Triple Play 2000 (1999)
Triple Play 2001 (2000)
NHL 2K2 (2001)
Spider-Man (2002)
NHL 2K3 (2002)
Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Call of Duty 3 (2006) - absolute motherf*****g piece of dog s**t
Call of Duty: World at War (2008) PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC , Nintendo DS - only good because they took COD4 and put a WW2 skin on it.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex (2009) Wii - got bad reviews

The rest are just meh

Call of Duty - awesome
Call of Duty 2 - best game ever!
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - awesome
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - awesome

Quality over quantity.

This forum is DAMMED by TreyArch bots...

How can they say bad things from a MW game that sells a lot?? Art x Capitalism.. SHUT UP.

Infinity Ward does the JOB, PERIOD.

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Reflex got bad reviews mostly due to the fact that it was a port that was released so far after the original. But, of course it's going to be late, when they were busy with their own stuff, and didn't have time to do IW's work for them.

There are some things in WaW that I prefer over MW. The online lobbies are neater (small thing yes, but still), but the bigger thing is balance. I found in MW1 at least, that most of the weapons just suck too much (in comparison to other weapons that were vastly superior). It made for a more enjoyable MP experience. Haven't unlocked enough in MW2 yet to see if this is still the case.

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
disolitude said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Games done by Treyarch

Die by the Sword (1998)
Triple Play 2000 (1999)
Triple Play 2001 (2000)
NHL 2K2 (2001)
Spider-Man (2002)
NHL 2K3 (2002)
Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Call of Duty: World at War (2008) PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC , Nintendo DS - only good because they took COD4 and put a WW2 skin on it.

The rest are just meh

Call of Duty - awesome

Quality over quantity.

LOL. Cause Call of duty is the ONLY game that matters these days.

I agree IW are great developers but they are really starting to repeat their work. Treyarch goes for a different game every year. Some are success, some are not... but they try to branch out.

I am pretty sure that if they sat in a room for 2 years and were saying..."Must improve existing FPS game! Must improve existing FPS game!"...they'd be as good as IW are.

I mean, look at the huge improvement from COD3 to COD:WaW. Next year with COD7 in their hands, they could rival IW at this rate...as well as have 3 other games they are working on in the meantime.

dobby985 said:
disolitude said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Games done by Treyarch

Die by the Sword (1998)
Triple Play 2000 (1999)
Triple Play 2001 (2000)
NHL 2K2 (2001)
Spider-Man (2002)
NHL 2K3 (2002)
Spider-Man 2 (2004)

The rest are just meh

Call of Duty - awesome

Quality over quantity.

I totally agree.

@disolitude

I don't know how many CoD games you've played until today, but I played them all (except for Finest Hour)

They're really copying lots of ideas from infinity Ward. It started with the expansion to CoD, which is okay because you have to expect a similar gameplay. If I didn't know that it's made by Treyarch, I would believe it was IW's work.

However CoD2 Big Red One and CoD3 are simply as mediocre as it gets. CoDWaW is much better though, but when you've played all the previous CoD games you will see that they "steal" ideas and even try to copy the atmosphere and character behaviour of older CoD games.

It just feels like a well made rip-off

So far nobody has mentioned that Activision gave Treyarch a mere 8 months to make Call of Duty 3. Just 8 months, and they deliver a decent game to multiple platforms. I don't expect a better result from any other developer operating under such severe constraints.

Inifinity Ward has never had less than two years to finish one of their Call of Duty games.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Barozi said:
dobby985 said:
disolitude said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Games done by Treyarch

Die by the Sword (1998)
Triple Play 2000 (1999)
Triple Play 2001 (2000)
NHL 2K2 (2001)
Spider-Man (2002)
NHL 2K3 (2002)
Spider-Man 2 (2004)

The rest are just meh

Call of Duty - awesome

Quality over quantity.

I totally agree.

@disolitude

I don't know how many CoD games you've played until today, but I played them all (except for Finest Hour)

They're really copying lots of ideas from infinity Ward. It started with the expansion to CoD, which is okay because you have to expect a similar gameplay. If I didn't know that it's made by Treyarch, I would believe it was IW's work.

However CoD2 Big Red One and CoD3 are simply as mediocre as it gets. CoDWaW is much better though, but when you've played all the previous CoD games you will see that they "steal" ideas and even try to copy the atmosphere and character behaviour of older CoD games.

It just feels like a well made rip-off

I played all COD games. I agree that 3 sucked...I traded that 3 levels in to the game lol. I actually enjoyed WaW campaign more than MW2 believe it or not. The nazi zombie mode too kept me playing that game for a week straight.

I agree that they are following in IW's footsteps, but this is what Activision hired them to do. Imagine the hard task of having to make a game for someone else's series and keep the fanbase happy in the process.

Treyarch's stranght isn't in COD series anyways. They are just a more open minded studio than IW in my opinion. They will develop for the wii, will branch out and make different types of games....for example.

I just think that takes more skill to be flexible and develop many types of games, than making 1 type of game over and over. But thats just me... I'd lvoe to see Infinity Ward do a platformer btw. Or like a sandbox RPG game...lol.

famousringo said:
So far nobody has mentioned that Activision gave Treyarch a mere 8 months to make Call of Duty 3. Just 8 months, and they deliver a decent game to multiple platforms. I don't expect a better result from any other developer operating under such severe constraints.

Inifinity Ward has never had less than two years to finish one of their Call of Duty games.

So TreyArch needs a new board, because theyr games aren´t AAA+ or A, just B or C+... so, when a company has 2 years to do a game and RULEZ out, it´s incredible, a lot more profit comming in...

About being open mind, you must love then because they propose to do art and not comercial games... it´s smells not so good... they need to focus, be a man and do an A+ game...

So , if the problem is time do develop, change the president and board do TreyArch to have more time and be respected...

I see just Treyarch BOTs defending themselves...HERE.

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..