By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Nintendo still need Charles Martinet?

Why does Nintendo still need Charles Martinet?

And what i mean by this is why do they need to re-record his voice for every game?

Every single game Mario says the same thing.

"Yippy!" "Yahoo!" "Woohah!" "its a me! mario!" "Thank you so much for playing my game!"

Can't they just recycle these sound clips?

i thought of this when he posted on twitter about a crazy new mario game their working on.

Why do they still need him for a voice?

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

I totally agree

if more companies thought like you profits would surge!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

There's the problem. Newer games would lose their identity if the same voices were used over and over.

Also, he does Wario's voice too.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Wario says the same thing all the time too. He also does Waluigi's voice

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

16-bit gamer said:
Wario says the same thing all the time too. He also does Waluigi's voice

What trying to say is; if Super Mario Galaxy had recycled Super Mario 64 audio, it would have felt more like an expansion than a game in its own right.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

ummmm because he wants to work there?!
He has other voices and using the same sound is... meh since the new voices iprove imo...
also is unreasonable to fire something because he may not record mario's voice at times...
also.... its probably hard to record mario's voice and probably they ask him to redo his voice or do it multiple times till he gets it right... you dont know what goes on there either... niether do I... Im just saying this because there are reasonable mentions on why he doesnt get fired...

Using that logic, why do games need voice actors at all. Why don't they just keep using the same looped 'ARG' and 'AHHHH!' noises from Skywalker Sound for every game?

Its because people actually notice repetitive sounds and if you keep using the same ones, it gets annoying. That's why Rockstar has new voice actors for each GTA game and Konami records new dialogue for each new MGS game.

Short answer: New recordings for voices shows increased production values and increases sales. Using pre-recorded sounds shows lower production vales and can lead to low hype and low sales.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where they showed the lady who did the for the Roadrunner was on there.

"They fired me after I recorded his voice....Meep!"
"Don't you mean: Meep Meep?"
"No. They were so cheap that they only had me record it once. That way they only had to pay me half."

d21lewis said:
Reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where they showed the lady who did the for the Roadrunner was on there.

"They fired me after I recorded his voice....Meep!"
"Don't you mean: Meep Meep?"
"No. They were so cheap that they only had me record it once. That way they only had to pay me half."

lol!

They need Charles Martinet. You never know but maybe in the future Mario will say a different phrase. Maybe they will want to switch it up then they will need new audio. I wonder how much he gets paid and just how little work he must do I mean honestly how long would it take to record the few Yippies in Mario? A day or two in the sound studio maybe?

What a great job.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

That's like asking why an FPS developer records new sound effects for their guns in every sequel-- you want it to sound the same every time?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."