By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Splinter Cell Conviction demo packaged with Assassins Creed 2

wholikeswood said:
I think Microsoft are trying to make the 360 version of AC2 look especially appealing since, despite the PS3's small userbase in the 2007 holiday season, the first still managed to sell gangbusters on the Playstation platform (I suppose since action adventure/platform titles seem to have some deep-seated connection with the PS family; certainly the Uncharted franchise sells very well and of course the most recent Tomb Raider sold better on the PS3, despite the 360 adverts for it on TV).

Hopefully Sony's exclusive advertising deal with Ubisoft for AC2 will pay off. I wonder if they'll slyly stick in a plug for the PSP title Bloodlines at the end of the PS3 ad, too...

I think this has nothing to do with Microsoft and everything to do with Ubisoft trying to increase incentives for people to purchase their game new and cut out the second-hand market and limit pirated copies. 

Around the Network
Fumanchu said:
wholikeswood said:
I think Microsoft are trying to make the 360 version of AC2 look especially appealing since, despite the PS3's small userbase in the 2007 holiday season, the first still managed to sell gangbusters on the Playstation platform (I suppose since action adventure/platform titles seem to have some deep-seated connection with the PS family; certainly the Uncharted franchise sells very well and of course the most recent Tomb Raider sold better on the PS3, despite the 360 adverts for it on TV).

Hopefully Sony's exclusive advertising deal with Ubisoft for AC2 will pay off. I wonder if they'll slyly stick in a plug for the PSP title Bloodlines at the end of the PS3 ad, too...

I think this has nothing to do with Microsoft and everything to do with Ubisoft trying to increase incentives for people to purchase their game new and cut out the second-hand market and limit pirated copies. 

God, embarrassing, I'd forgotten for a moment SCC is also an Ubisoft project. So yeah, you're probably right.

Nice find madskillz. Is that your copy and pictures?

JaggedSac said:
Nice find madskillz. Is that your copy and pictures?

Yeah, Jagged. I got it Friday night from Ubi. I read it a few times and was like 'Ok, I don't see jack about a demo.' An awesome game so far.

I tell you this - I created a thread about being BROKE this November. With MW2, SMBW, L4D2 and this? Wow.

Did you add me yet on LIVE? PM me your gamertag.

Is the religious propaganda part of the package or the guy taking the photos supplied it?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

This is false:

http://www.slashgamer.com/2009/11/16/splinter-cell-conviction-demo-not-included-with-assassins-creed-ii/

Bitmap Frogs said:
Is the religious propaganda part of the package or the guy taking the photos supplied it?

he is trying to cover up the code >.<

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Boutros said:
This is false:

http://www.slashgamer.com/2009/11/16/splinter-cell-conviction-demo-not-included-with-assassins-creed-ii/

Damn "HipHopGame"

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

ShadowSoldier said:
frig.....im still getting this for PS3

Now thats really silly. I'll be playing the SC demo more than AC2. LOL.

Picked up my copy today and was pleasantly surprised by this gem!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder