By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision wants online fees for Call of Duty!

Activision is by far the worst publisher in the industry. If you want to play one of their games, please pirate it. Do not feed the 10 ton gorilla anymore!

Around the Network
Solid_Raiden said:
dobby985 said:

^Diablo II isn't an MMO.

Do you think people will accept this? I think they will!

Close enough. But you get what I meant. I never played Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, WOW or any of those kind of games because of online fees. I'm not going to pay for an online service, a game, xbox live, and a subscripiton for a game, and even possible dlc on top of that.

mmo means massive multiplayer online. You can play up to 8 people in diablo :p

but yea, I don't wanna pay for online either. It's a disgrase to charge for the game and then charge people for playing it.

Check out my game about moles ^

What a joke, paying monthly fees for P2P multiplayer.

It will be a cold cold day in hell before I pay to play COD (or any game) online

If they implement it and their audience is willing to pay for it, I don't see any problems with this.

Around the Network

Hey Activision ! 

Everybody take aim !

Look at his laugh ! DIE KOTICK DIE !

deathbleachnarutodbz said:

Activision seems to be on quite a roll with pissing off their user base.  Their newest declaration may top the heap: Activision wants to start charging an online fee to play their Call of Duty games, similar to World of Warcraft.

Speaking at BMO Capital Market Conference, the CFO of Activision Blizzard, Thomas Tippl, said, “You should expect us to test and ultimately launch additional online monetization models of some of some of our biggest franchises like Call of Duty.”

While he admits it may be difficult to replicate the same format that World of Warcraft uses, there is no doubt that Tippl is looking forward to charging even more to play Activision’s games.  I guess charging $60 for the games with a few $10 map packs thrown in isn’t enough…

Activision wins single handed for trying to kill of it's most popular francise.

Honorable metion is microsoft with HALO.

I will take you seriously the moment you can tell me what Activision introducing a pay-to-play model for their popular shooter franchise has to do with Halo.  Until then I will simply consider you a worthless troll since that's all that last sentence was in my opinion.

^^
With the launch of Halo:Reach, 4 Halo games would be released since 2007.

4 Halo games in 4 years.

Milking the franchise, no ?

A Cod game also releases every year.

Its not as a huge deal as CoD, but if MS continue making Halo games every year, franchise will decline a little bit, no ?

AlJensen said:
It will be a cold cold day in hell before I pay to play COD (or any game) online

It's actually cold in hell, haven't you read the divine comedy of Dante?

Fuck Activision, I have better game to play over COD anyway. I actually want this to come true, maybe then all my friends will stop playing COD.