By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Sports Hits the 50 Million!!!!!!!!

Boneitis said:
hsrob said:
I like when people say that this game has only had the sales that it has had because it's packed it.......sure that is true, now show me the other pack in games that have sold more.

On the other hand people are fond of saying the heaps of people only bought the Wii for Wii Sports (usually when trying to argue the Wii owners don't actually play games), yet don't want to give it credit for it's sales because it's a pack in.

You can't have it both ways, one way or another you have to acknowledge that Wii Sports sales are awesome.

Whether people want it or not, its ridiculous to boast about sales that are included with every console.

No doubt it my mind it would have strong sales if it was sold seperate at a budget price. But not 50 friggin million.

Look I agree with you to a point but credit where credit is due.  Some people seem determined to give Wii Sports none.  This game is largely responsible for Wii's current position and the one market where it wasn't packed in is the one market where the Wii isn't doing so hot.  Does it deserve all of those 50 million sales, no i don't believe so, but it certainly earned a good portion of them.

Around the Network

Look if it wasn't for Wii Sports the videogame industry would still be stuck in the dark ages as that is where Microsoft and Sony wanted to do battle. Thank God for Nintendo! The videogame industry is going on leaps and bounds and not going backwards if Nintendo wasnt in this gen. Videogames exploded back in the day not because of online games but because people could play them together in the same room with friends and family not stuck in a bedroom like a hermit playing people you think you know in far off places around the world. GET SOME FRIENDS I for one am so glad Nintendo is putting the games back into videogames! If it wsnt for Nintendo Microsoft and Sony would be hell bent on destroying the videogame industry very nearly what the playstation brand did, COMPETITION IS GOOD!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

You can call the game a part of the Wii hardware,since it comes with every Wii,imagine PlayStation Sports selling 26 million,or Xbox Sports selling 33 million...

Bladeforce said:
Look if it wasn't for Wii Sports the videogame industry would still be stuck in the dark ages as that is where Microsoft and Sony wanted to do battle. Thank God for Nintendo! The videogame industry is going on leaps and bounds and not going backwards if Nintendo wasnt in this gen. Videogames exploded back in the day not because of online games but because people could play them together in the same room with friends and family not stuck in a bedroom like a hermit playing people you think you know in far off places around the world. GET SOME FRIENDS I for one am so glad Nintendo is putting the games back into videogames! If it wsnt for Nintendo Microsoft and Sony would be hell bent on destroying the videogame industry very nearly what the playstation brand did, COMPETITION IS GOOD!

You obviously been looking at the wrong games then.  There are numerous HD games that pits friends together in the same room but i guess maybe you're too closed-minded to see otherwise.  LBP, Warhawk, Resistance, Resident Evil 5, Borderlands, tons of wrestling games, sht loads of sports games (Madden, FIFAetc..)..to name a few...just cause Nintendo's marketing 'family fun' doesnt mean Sony and MS got none.  So those that has a Wii has friends? Competition is good? you're talking about how MS/Sony are in dark ages.. while Nintendo's on its own level but thats not competition??  If anything MS and Sony are more in competition......man half the stuff you post never makes sense.

OT: Congrats to Wii sports on its high sales, tho i personally dont really consider bundled games are that worthy (Pokemon or Wii Fit should take the crown). None the less Wii Sports is THE definitive game to the Wii and must be recognized regardless. No other game puts better use to Wii's motion than Wii Sports.

booooo! ....

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

Around the Network

Things make no sense only when you are stuck in a closet minded mentality

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

11ht11 said:
funny thing is people said wii owners bought a wii only for wii sports

Actually, I am one of them. I have played Mario games in the past, but there was nothing like Wii Sports/Nintendo Wii. I really wanted to try that. And I still love it. Thanks to that combination, there will be Microsoft and Sony motion technology in videogames.

The Success of the Nintendo Wii is linked to the sucess of Wii Sports. Sure some people would have bought the next nintendo console no just for future classic Mario or Zelda games. But ONLY because the of the combination of hardware and software that allowes the wonder that Wii sports is the console is so succesful.

The Wii is ruling the market thanks to Wii Sports. It is the best aplication for this new motion technology.

The new market, the casuals, the expanded audience, those who doesn´t care much for Mario games, those people bougth Wii Sports along with the hardware to play it.

I wonder how long it will take for another game to surpass Wii Sports.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Hooray, for the first and sadly still the best wii game.

flagship said:
Hooray, for the first and sadly still the worst wii game.

fixed

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.