By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not DS's fault. GTA CW PSP is an absolute FLOP!!!!

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars debbuted on DS with a "small" launch and therefore was named has a flop, it was DS's audience fault for such bad sales. The game is still selling at a low pace and is in the ~800k mark.

The PSP version launched a few weeks ago and it didn't managed to reach 40K yet. I guess the PSP's audience is what? Casual????

Or it is the game style, sky-camera that cutt is sales?

It's time to admit that this game had brilliant sales on the DS for what it is, Rockstar just could have done a better effort on bringing a proper 3D GTA experience for the DS owners.

C.O.P The Recruit is an example that Rockstar can follow to create an open sandbox engine in the portable system.

Around the Network

Good now bring a GTA to the Wii already.

Agreed, i am glad that it flopped on the PSP. I remember how everyone complained that it bombed on the DS and look where it is now.

maybe the GTA crowd on PSP has moved on from PSP and bought themselves Ipod Touch/Iphones.

Not sure if it's circumstantial, but it always seems something is lost during the "port phase." I'm sure the inclusion of Chinatown Wars' mini-games designated for the DS, didn't translate well on the PSP.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

Around the Network

PSP is doomed?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

All this negativity against the Wii for not selling games is bullshit. If the games are good in quality, they will sell most of the time. This is a big fU to those who cried how bad Grand Theft Chinatown sold on the DS.

No way, you guys! It could have sold many millions through downloads!

I blame the perspective and the fact that it's a late port, but what ever.

4 ≈ One

GianCarmen said:
All this negativity against the Wii for not selling games is bullshit. If the games are good in quality, they will sell most of the time. This is a big fU to those who cried how bad Grand Theft Chinatown sold on the DS.

This.

And where are they now?  Awfully quiet...  Where is the GTA:CW DS flop thread?