By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MW2 May do 10 MILLION WEEK 1 -- Who's up for some CROW?!

I think it might...not sure though. Definitely over 9 million though.

Around the Network

THis make me more confident about FF13 doing 10 million worldwide though

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

LOL at Boutros. Apparently people stay locked on the forums so much they miss the big news article that this thread is about!

Oh my god at that news.. thats impossible what the hell..

mM

Well luckily for me I stated it was unlikely but not improbable haha. Nice little save there eh.

But I still must say this is quite a feat for the game. It's amazing how Activision was so able to get all sects of gaming polarized under one title to equal such massive sales. Truly quite good. Only the likes of Nintendo have been able to do it before so its equally impressive of how they were able to do this.

Around the Network

@leo-j

for me its horrible

I wanted to see the FPs genre crash & burn lol

the opposite is happening

WHEN & at what time did modern warfare become bigger than GTA?

or is it just because I wasn't hyped for it?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

for me its horrible

Well I'm assuming you are against run of the mill shooters (which unfortunately are the norm).  But in the defense of Modern Warfare series, it really is above and beyond that.  Really Infinity Ward takes the cinematic action experience first introduced and made wonderful in RE4 and puts it into a FPS shooter form.  So even though it is a first person shooter, it is more akin to that of an action game.  Most shooters can't proclaim that as most of their shooting is firefight to firefight/level to level while this one changes up the gameplay numerous amounts of times.  Not anywhere near that of Metroid or Half Life, but it definitely makes an attempt.

If they aren't going to go as far as say HL, I definitely think this is a good median and hope for more to try to capture a similar experience. 

I think the 360 may outsell the wii with this game.. MWF2 is a 360 ip might as well call it exclusive, every ad is about the 360 elite with MWF2 as if it actually is exclusive.

mM
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

for me its horrible

gta 4 should of came out in the fall time if it wanted bigger sales same with KZ its all bout timing

im worried bout gow3 and gt5 since there being released march 2010 maybe they should delay gt5 till nov 2010

wonder if nsmb will have a bigger 1st week than mw2 ps3 my guess is hell no

Play Me

This isn't the biggest surprise ever.

It's modern warfare 2, direct sequel to arguably one of the biggest games of this generation and even though some people might have disliked World at War, knowing that this game would be set in the modern day probably brought a lot more people back in.

I know the hype has been less than stellar in vgchartz but we represent a small number of people only, and I'm guessing even those of us that protested against MW2 will pick it up anyway.

And to be honest, having played nearly all of the single player, I'd say infinity ward do deserve the sales it's getting, regardless of what you think of activision