By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New super mario bros Wii on metacritic.

87%? way too high for that game.

Around the Network
Xen said:

Don't forget to put up your flameshield!

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Fuck it. Flame away people :P

Xen said:

I don't get it. You list NSMB DS as one of your favourite games and this one is a million times better than that disgrace.

Xen said:

You played the game?

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Xen said:

I don't get it. You list NSMB DS as one of your favourite games and this one is a million times better than that disgrace.

The way it looks, it's not worthy of a console release. To me, it will always look as a half-assed effort that doesn't belong on a home console.

And no, I haven't played it still. I will soon, but heck, it's the same thing as the DS version, just on a home console with multiplayer. How different it really is?

Xen said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Xen said:

The way it looks, it's not worthy of a console release. To me, it will always look as a half-assed effort that doesn't belong on a home console.

And no, I haven't played it still. I will soon, but heck, it's the same thing as the DS version, just on a home console with multiplayer. How different it really is?

What exactly makes something worthy of a console release?

hsrob said:
Xen said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Xen said:

What exactly makes something worthy of a console release?

Xen's approval.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

15 pages b/c someone scores a game differently than the metacritic average?

ctalkeb said:
15 pages b/c someone scores a game differently than the metacritic average?

No, a thread to keep track of and discuss the reviews that contribute to the game's Metacritic score.