By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 200,000 PC Gamers Signed Petition Against MW2

@ Squilliam - I agree. Some data of quantity and revenue loss would help their case. Look at the movie industry for example, the production team of Slumdog Millionair claimed that Piracy was hurting them, and then they go and released the following;

Worldwide Gross $400.000.000
Production Budget $14,000,000

Or the most Pirated movie of 08 - The Dark Knight,
Worldwide Gross $1.400.000.000
Production Budget $185.000.000

Its kind of hard to take these guys serious when complaining about loss of income :D

The game industry might want to start thinking about how to be more cost efficient, or how they can make more money. DLC is one of those brainstorming products for example. I think they need to roll with the punches and adapt, because there's no way they can ban technology or make it go slower, just to suit current business models.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

I tend to believe Joker454 from beyond3d.com when he says that hes seen data from a publisher friend about many games which failed to make money and they were critically acclaimed PC games and he talked about games which were 90% completed which were never published due to a lack of expected return unless they could also release a console version.

To be honest on the other hand publishers should stop being tardy bitches and release the data which proves the damage that they say pirates are causing. Noone takes the executives of movie/music publishers seriously because they appear to be making huge quantites of money. So yes, please publishers if you are serious about this then release some fucking data so people can actually sympathise with you for once.

Im sorry if I offended anyone with my swear words!

I think they don't have the data and just like to blame someone else as to why they aren't making money, so that if they do publish their statistics everyone will realize they just made shitty business decisions instead of other being to blame.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Squilliam said:

I tend to believe Joker454 from beyond3d.com when he says that hes seen data from a publisher friend about many games which failed to make money and they were critically acclaimed PC games and he talked about games which were 90% completed which were never published due to a lack of expected return unless they could also release a console version.

To be honest on the other hand publishers should stop being tardy bitches and release the data which proves the damage that they say pirates are causing. Noone takes the executives of movie/music publishers seriously because they appear to be making huge quantites of money. So yes, please publishers if you are serious about this then release some fucking data so people can actually sympathise with you for once.

I think they don't have the data and just like to blame someone else as to why they aren't making money, so that if they do publish their statistics everyone will realize they just made shitty business decisions instead of other being to blame.

or more likely pirates would keep claiming as usual ' but piracy does not hurt sales ! None of those pirated copies would have been sales anyway !'

Like those 500k or so with modded 360 that just got banned of XboxLive...( I'm sorry but if you went through the trouble of modding your console you know the risks so you most likely have more than a couple pirated games and I don't really believe without access to those you woudn't have bought any game at all..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Squilliam said:

or more likely pirates would keep claiming as usual ' but piracy does not hurt sales ! None of those pirated copies would have been sales anyway !'

Like those 500k or so with modded 360 that just got banned of XboxLive...( I'm sorry but if you went through the trouble of modding your console you know the risks so you most likely have more than a couple pirated games and I don't really believe without access to those you woudn't have bought any game at all..)

Well hell, show me the numbers that it does and I'll shut up, until then it's like the Loch Ness monster. I'm sure you believe in that too though...

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Squilliam said:

Well hell, show me the numbers that it does and I'll shut up, until then it's like the Loch Ness monster. I'm sure you believe in that too though...

No, you won't. in a similar thread I posted a bunch of links on this very topic, and you (and other pirates) just made a bunch of excuses to ignore them. Bad games get pirated, only good game get purchased. Publishers don't release real statistics, you can't trust them. Oh, those stats only talk about a few games, surely not all games are so widely pirated. Oh, 3 games a year sell really well (made by the AAA developers), why can't they all? Oh, all piracy is from poor countries who can't buy it anyway. Listing numbers just makes you offer more justifications... it doesn't shut you up.

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Squilliam said:

Last time I gave you the pirated numbers for DemiGod on the first week of the release you hardly shut up, you just made up a bunch of excuses....

Just go back to playing your pirated games and stop trolling this forum...

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Squilliam said:

Last time I gave you the pirated numbers for DemiGod on the first week of the release you hardly shut up, you just made up a bunch of excuses....

80% in the first weekend? I wonder how many regions the game was released for, how many of those pirates just didnt have access to a legal copy, couldn't afford 20% of their income for a game, or whether that 80% is still true. I would have assumed we would have heard from Stardock again if the piracy continued to be so bad. Strangely, we have not.

@Jereel

You didn't prvide ANY numbers, your whole"statistics" was a quote form the PR of Acivisiono talking about COD4. If that's statistics then you might as well start believeing in Big Foot too. Also again, if you don't want to go with cost, I wonder how many of those top pirating countries even had a way to get their legal games in a convenient way. If anything it's on the backs of publishers to figure out a way to give people a convenient way to get their games. Piracy is a sign of discontent, not crime, some companies manage with it just fine, most apparently cannot.

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Squilliam said:

80% in the first weekend? I wonder how many regions the game was released for, how many of those pirates just didnt have access to a legal copy, couldn't afford 20% of their income for a game, or whether that 80% is still true. I would have assumed we would have heard from Stardock again if the piracy continued to be so bad. Strangely, we have not.

@Jereel

You didn't prvide ANY numbers, your whole"statistics" was a quote form the PR of Acivisiono talking about COD4. If that's statistics then you might as well start believeing in Big Foot too. Also again, if you don't want to go with cost, I wonder how many of those top pirating countries even had a way to get their legal games in a convenient way. If anything it's on the backs of publishers to figure out a way to give people a convenient way to get their games. Piracy is a sign of discontent, not crime, some companies manage with it just fine, most apparently cannot.

Huh? I provided you a couple links talking abotu piracy, and those article included numbers they had gathered through torrest tracking as well as linking to the piracy numbers provided by the BSA. And it didn't say anything about CoD4. At the time I said that I doubted you read the sources before responding, this definately seems to be the case, now.

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Squilliam said:

@Jereel

As I already pointed you ( by the way didn't you say you would shut up ?) the game was available for digital download the day of its release at a cheaper price than retail.. So the argument about game not being released in retail in certain countries fails HARDCORE....( seeing how every other world coming out of your mouth is Steam, how can you keep arguing that people pirate because no retail release in their area ?)

im glad they removed deticated servers, it'll turn the people that pay for the game and want deticated servers against the pirates that made us remove it. therfore starting a war and killing of the pirates...