By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts: BBS should be ported to the Wii

outlawauron said:
The thing about the FFXII and KH2 comparison is the assumption that all of the Final Fantasy fanbase bought the game. (Which we know is not true being it's one of the most hated in the series and the FF fanbase is the most divided fanbase ever)

It's also the Final Fantasy most like KH.

FF12 is the most hated largely because people were upset it moved away from turn based battles.

Your telling me the people who didn't buy it because of the lack of turn based battles are the ones buying KH?

Cause... KH isn't turn based.

Hence why FF12 is the better indicator.

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
outlawauron said:
The thing about the FFXII and KH2 comparison is the assumption that all of the Final Fantasy fanbase bought the game. (Which we know is not true being it's one of the most hated in the series and the FF fanbase is the most divided fanbase ever)

This. Can someone bring up the numbers for FFX? That should be a better comparison. KH1 Vs FFX and FFX-2

In America (over 60% of KH sales):

KH - 3.45m
FFX - 2.74m
KH2 - 2.1m
FFXII - 1.86m
FFX-2 - 1.82m

KH always outsells the biggest FF games (on PS2, GBA, DS). As for FFXII being the most hated, it also drew fans that weren't into FF. It still ended up selling better than FFIX.

In Japan, the opposite is probably true - the Square fans likely drive the game sales. However, America is by far KH's biggest region, so it isn't as significant.

Then port it to PS2, though I think it will not need a port.

They should port it to the Wii, it only makes perfect sense.

Soriku said:
Umm...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2803844

I said though, it would probably wont need a port.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Then they'll lose a ton of sales...

I think it would sell well, I dont think it would be something like chinatown wars where a port is needed, going by getting more sales then developers would make everything multiplat.

Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:

FF12 is the most hated largely because people were upset it moved away from turn based battles.

Your telling me the people who didn't buy it because of the lack of turn based battles are the ones buying KH?

I wasn't drawing any conclusions but only pointing out that the Final Fantasy fanbase is very diverse and the sales of Final Fantasy X or Final Fantasy XII do not represent the entire fanbase.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:

I wasn't drawing any conclusions but only pointing out that the Final Fantasy fanbase is very diverse and the sales of Final Fantasy X or Final Fantasy XII do not represent the entire fanbase.

No, it just represents the applicable fanbase.

Which is why i chose it.  It cuts out the Final Fantasy fans who don't want to go near anything that isn't turn based.

Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:

Which is why i chose it.  It cuts out the Final Fantasy fans who don't want to go near anything that isn't turn based.

But Final Fantasy XII is turn based, just not in the traditional sense of the word.

Most complaints are about the story anyways.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kasz216 said:

That's not exactly fair, though. The reason many people disliked FFXII was not only because of the battle system. We have:

Art - lack of Nomura, the guy behind KH.
Music - lack of Uematsu, for the first time... ever.
Story - Not personal, no main character. (Not sure what the right word is)

The game was only FF in name. Sort of like FF Tactics, except this game was numbered (and high budget), so more were "tricked" into buying it.