By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3rd Party Sales in Japan (360, Wii, PS3) - Top 10

Hey all. I compiled another list - this time for 3rd party sales in Japan of all 3 next-gen systems. Everyone has been saying that the Wii has been doing great 3rd party sales. And in the US, that is semi-true (around 2.8m 3rd party units sold on 2.1m consoles sold). However, Japan is a little different story. I looked and looked through nearly every week to find these numbers. Here's a top 10 of all 3rd party games as of March 19th (2006 for 360, 2007 for PS3/Wii) PS3 Gundam Mousou 228250 PS3 Ridge Racer 7 142750 PS3 Mobile Suit Gundam 141750 Wii Dragonball Z 110000 PS3 Armored Core 4 79000 PS3 Virtua Fighter 3 79000 360 Dead or Alive 4 77750 Wii Master of Festivals 77750 Wii Naturo 64750 Wii Bleach Wii 63250 Total Sales for each system (including all 3rd party sales): PS3: 818,750 Wii: 643,000 360: 191,250 I'll post more, but sufficive to say, the tier ratios are around 1.5 for the 360, 1.1 for the PS3, and 0.32 for the Wii.. Discuss! I'll have more later

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I would say right now it's easier to sell third party game to PS3 users than Wii's... and I'm not Kwaad... nor Washimul

WII = 6 million users PS3 = 2,6 million users You we're saying?

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Well, most people buying wii probably dont care much about third party titles...

Third party sales for Wii games with regards to the Americas have been pretty decent. In Japan they're not near as good. It is somewhat of a concern to Nintendo, but ultimately given that Wii games will be cheaper to create than games for the other two systems it will get strong support.

Around the Network

Alvar said: Well, most people buying wii probably dont care much about third party titles...
That might bite the Nintendo Wii in the future. Why make it on Wii when the game will sell bad?.When you can do it on ps3/360 and port it to each other. They need to change the game when its on the Wii hardware etc Omg I am going to be owned :D

This is one of the many reasons Nintendo can't secure third parties, and one of the reasons why they will finish third. Even EA admits they can't outdo Nintendo on a Nintendo system.

Yojimbo said: Alvar said: Well, most people buying wii probably dont care much about third party titles... That might bite the Nintendo Wii in the future. Why make it on Wii when the game will sell bad?.When you can do it on ps3/360 and port it to each other. They need to change the game when its on the Wii hardware etc Omg I am going to be owned :D
Well, that remains to be seen. Extremely hard to speculate. And well... Nintendo won't need third party sales like 360/PS3 if it manages to release titles like Wii Sports and Wii Play regularly, since they seem to sell the system at an insane rate.

Shane said: This is one of the many reasons Nintendo can't secure third parties, and one of the reasons why they will finish third. Even EA admits they can't outdo Nintendo on a Nintendo system.
Actually they already have secured third parties, with EA saying they'll be putting a huge focus on the Wii. In NA and Europe third party games are selling quite well. As for Japan, third parties aren't going to ignore the largest console base of this gen. Nintendo software sells best on the DS too, but it's still the top handheld choice for third parties because every one has it. We're only a few months in to the Wii lifecycle. Just wait, I can guarantee you that third party games will do well in Japan as important titles come out in that market. Look at DBZ. The game is a PS2 port and it still managed 100,000 + And wait till Dragon Quest comes out. That will be huge. Yup, Wii will do just fine on the third party aspect.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

RolStoppable said: Shane said: This is one of the many reasons Nintendo can't secure third parties, and one of the reasons why they will finish third. Even EA admits they can't outdo Nintendo on a Nintendo system. Does it mean much if you can't outdo 5 million+ games of Nintendo if you can sell 3 million copies of your game? Does it mean much if you outdo 100000+ games of Sony if you can sell only 300000 copies of your game?
Is it like this now? The third party games is selling better on ps3 then Wii in Japan. Dont really know how is it in USA, does anyone know?