By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disapointed in lack of online co-op!

If they couldn't do it, they couldn't do it. Shiggy himself said it couldn't be done, not that they simply chose not to.

I don't imagine he would lie, and in the process of lying make the Wii look bad (by lying in saying that it is too weak to do so, which is what he said), it would have been much easier for him to have said "we didn't think it would fit" and go away

Either way, i don't really care, since i won't be doing co-op much period, except for the things that absolutely require it to get (in which case i could wait to get those things, like star coins and such, until my roommate or some friends are available to help)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

It's not that big of a deal to me but it would have been nice feature to have. Really online leaderboards is something I would have wanted more.

Well, LittleBigPlanet online is fun, but depending on who you play with it can be unbearably laggy. I've still had some lag-free matches though with a friend over psn and another two sitting beside me on the couch at the same time. It's great.

Even though there are problems with it, i'd take the option to play some combination of local and online over local only anyday. Even if it isn't perfect, it would be a welcome feature.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I've known this since E3, and it's still a disappointment. But you need the face to face contact so people can easily communicate about the gameplay as it happens.

But I would say that you do have a point in that they could have used Wii Speak and it would have been just as good. They could have even packaged it in. But that's just how Nintendo works. They have been very reluctant to support Wii Speak.

Millennium said:
Online hinders co-op play; you need to be there in order to communicate even remotely effectively. There simply is no substitute for being there.

No you don't. Amazingly, I play left 4 dead online and manage to communicate effectively with people thousands of kilometers away from me. Of course it lacks the local multiplayer atmosphere, but the fud you're spreading is ridiculous and I doubt you even believe what you're saying.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

i somewhat disappointed in the lack of online co-op but only because all the people i really want to play this game with live 2 or more hours away from me. i'd much prefer to play local co-op with them but it's just not viable for me.

actually i don't think it needs online...i agree with the ghost of rubangB...uit would turn into a flame war over wii speak for throwing them in the pit lol

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Having online would've been really nice since my best friends are about 2000 miles away from me...so I can't do local multiplayer. Oh well, my gf and I will still play together.

lets be honest, if this was a 3rd party game people would complain about no online co op

but since its a nintendo game its ok

At first I was going to say this is horrible... then i remembered how hard Mario jumps can be.

Yeah... online just wouldn't work most of the time and would be broken.

Lag would kill you if it's supposed to be as hard as claimed.