By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remind me again why Modern Warfare 2 is supposed to be a day one purchase?

I never buy games first day. I'll eventually play MW2 but I still have plenty of old games to finish let a lone concern myself with new titles.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Sadly I already played and beat it at freinds place...6 hour long campaign that is exactly the same as MW gameplay wise and has zero replayability.

With that said, I think i will pick it up still...MP is going to be great.
But then again, left 4 dead 2 is almost out too...and that demo they have of the game rocks hard too.

Hmm...maybe not day 1 purchase here.

I disagree.

The SP campaign in MW had a lot of replayability. It was the first game I fully completed twice in a row. And I had fun both times.

Boutros said:
disolitude said:
Sadly I already played and beat it at freinds place...6 hour long campaign that is exactly the same as MW gameplay wise and has zero replayability.

With that said, I think i will pick it up still...MP is going to be great.
But then again, left 4 dead 2 is almost out too...and that demo they have of the game rocks hard too.

Hmm...maybe not day 1 purchase here.

I disagree.

The SP campaign in MW had a lot of replayability. It was the first game I fully completed twice in a row. And I had fun both times.

I agree. One of the fews FPS' where the actual gameplay was fun, and not just the scenerio and the set pieces.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CGI-Quality said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

What's your opinion, then?

The campaign of COD4 was good, unbelievable at times. Still irrelevant though, as I was hoping for a longer campaign. Not everbody is going to play the multiplayer for the next 12 months or so. I'd like a bit more of a story but it isn't that big a deal. Beating it on harder difficulties adds much replay value for me.

Once is enough for it be worth 60 bucks, if it's as good as MW1.

...for me, that is.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

i don't care for MW2, its just another war game to me

Around the Network

I don't even like Call of Duty games and Modern Warfare 1 blew me away. I don't think you can go wrong with Modern Warfare 2--though I'm still not buying it. I think Activision is a horrible horrible company and I will not buy their games anymore.

Strategyking92 said:
* New campaign
* New Cheivos'
* EVERYBODY YOU KNOW WILL PLAY THIS AND ONLY THIS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.

Hmmm.... Those things are pretty much equal in importance if you ask me...

Everyone I know either wants to play Halo (ODST) or is up for Borderlands.  So, I guess still no reason to get it then.  Oh, you mean everyone online!  Well, I don't care much about that at all.

Onyxmeth said:
richardhutnik said:

In short, why get MW2 instead of just reacquiring the original COD4:MW?

It's ridiculous to consider your obviously negative opinion of the franchise has any bearing on a fan's decision. It's a first day purchase for the same reason any other game is a first day purchase, people want to play the game and don't want to wait to play it. You want to know what Modern Warfare 2 gives me day one? 10-15 new multiplayer maps, customizeable kill streaks and my clan is switching to it. That's it. That's all I care about. I want it day one because I just want new maps to learn in multiplayer and because I want to continue playing with my friends.

It's not like the price is going down anytime soon. Modern Warfare got a $10 price cut a few months back, after a year and a half on the shelves. Is that what we should all wait for? The price cut that'll come in 2011? Please. Just like you might want a number of games on day one for no logical reason other than to have them immediately, that's why people want Modern Warfare 2 day one.

I actually find the question offensive that you obviously picked this game to single out when there isn't a game outside of sports titles that have a legitimate reason to be purchased day one. The worth of the game is up to the individual considering purchasing it. Save your negative bias for later because you didn't hide it well in this thread at all.

I don't have negative opinion of the FRANCHISE.  I thought single player was great for the short run-through.  I also still have World at War, due to the zombie mode in it.  It is just now, after I realized I wouldn't be playing multiplayer (and wanted store credit), that I decide to trade it in for store credit.  I want to get the original again, unless the sequel is shown to be the one to get.  I am figuring COD4 is going to be getting down to $30.  So, the question is, do I get the $30 version (I am not playing offline) or the sequel for $60?

Actually for PC this was first day purchase for me but not anymore. 4h SP campaign and multiplayer downgraded to console level. (No deticated servers, only 9v9 matches). No thank you. I will probably rent this to play campaign one time through.

It's a day 1 purchase for me for a couple of reasons.

1) I don't rent games, and I want to play the singleplayer campaign really badly.
2) I don't own CoD4:MW on PS3
3) I want it for splitscreen play, both for competitive and coop multiplayer.

Tada.