By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

Smeags said:
Okay, so this week is "Employee Week" at my work, and every day is a different "spirit" day where you can dress up and what not.

Today is Super Hero Day.

And I'm dressing up as Super Mario (just finished the mustache).

It's gonna be sweet.

Pix!

Also argh nosebleed cannot play while bleeding

Around the Network

Yeah, I've gotten all the coins in world 1 and world 2 now. Spoilers: if you want to know what you get for collecting star coins then go ahead and read. I've unlocked the first two levels of the star world, and they are pretty tough. Not as tough as the Tubular stages in Super Mario World, but definitely a step above the other levels in the game. The lack of checkpoints certainly ups the ante, gotta do the whole thing on one life. Anybody know if you get anything for getting all the star coins in the star world?

And Khuutra before you spend alot of time getting the coins, I think (not for certain of this, but I think) that you have to beat the game before you can get rewarded for getting all the coins in a world.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Yeah I got all the coins in World 1, and it congratulated me, but nothing happened. Then when I beat the game the reward was waiting for me. Now I'm looking for coins in World 2. Just hopped into some quicksand looking for a secret. Oops.

Smeags said:
Okay, so this week is "Employee Week" at my work, and every day is a different "spirit" day where you can dress up and what not.

Today is Super Hero Day.

It's gonna be sweet.

Nice choice!

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Penguin Mario is definitely now my second favorite ever, right behind Tanuki Mario.

The Propellor's up there too. It would be in my second tier along with flying on Yoshi with a cape, and Frog Mario.

I still maintain Frog Mario>All (c'mon, he's hopping around on all fours!), but after going through World 4 I have to say that Penguin Mario is a close second, easily trumping the Tanooki Suit. Sure, that Mario's a hung, drunken, bamboozling libertine, but just think of what Mario has to do to GET a Penguin Suit:

Such a cool suit!

Propellor Mario's pretty friggin' great too.

That image will haunt me in my sleep.

Thank you, noname.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Smeags said:

Today is Super Hero Day.

It's gonna be sweet.

Nice choice!

Penguin Mario is definitely now my second favorite ever, right behind Tanuki Mario.

The Propellor's up there too. It would be in my second tier along with flying on Yoshi with a cape, and Frog Mario.

I still maintain Frog Mario>All (c'mon, he's hopping around on all fours!), but after going through World 4 I have to say that Penguin Mario is a close second, easily trumping the Tanooki Suit. Sure, that Mario's a hung, drunken, bamboozling libertine, but just think of what Mario has to do to GET a Penguin Suit:

Such a cool suit!

Propellor Mario's pretty friggin' great too.

The penguin suits are actually released by the toads at the beginning of the game, they were originally supposed to be a birthday gift for the Princess, so Mario doesn't really have to do anything to get them.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

^ I have shown you proof to the contrary!

SmokedHostage said:
That image will haunt me in my sleep.

Thank you, noname.

Anytime!

Hahhaa, I was looking for some good Penguin Mario art to go with my Tanuki Mario art I was finding. That's awesome!

@Hostage, awesome av!

What's the princess gonna do with a million mushrooms, tiny mushrooms, fire flowers, ice flowers, penguin suits, and propellor hats?

And why is her castle within walking distance of millions of monsters and death traps?

What's the princess gonna do with a million mushrooms, tiny mushrooms, fire flowers, ice flowers, penguin suits, and propellor hats?

And why is her castle within walking distance of millions of monsters and death traps?

Girls, they wanna have fun!