By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

I beat 8-1! It was amazing!!!!!! I don't know if I can turn back now! I'm so close! I can see the next boss, and I'm not gonna tell you who it is!!!

Around the Network

I... have a confession to make...

I bought the Players Guide.

But I'm not going to use it until after I beat the game, cross my heart! It's more of a collection thing anyways... and it proves to be a nice relaxing read by the fire place.

Smeags said:
I just killed NoName. Sorry buddy!

And get back to world 5 Roy! You still have to fight me!

'S cool. I didn't have much to live for, really.

Avenge me my siblings!

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I beat 8-1! It was amazing!!!!!! I don't know if I can turn back now! I'm so close! I can see the next boss, and I'm not gonna tell you who it is!!!

Do not tread that path Rubang, for it leads only to The Dark Side!

Smeags said:

But I'm not going to use it until after I beat the game, cross my heart! It's more of a collection thing anyways... and it proves to be a nice relaxing read by the fire place.

I remember I used to buy these things just to read them.

Maybe.... maybe I oughta...?

Khuutra said:
Smeags said:

The rule on strategy guides is that they're a legitimate purchase, but should be reserved until after you've beaten the game/given it a serious go.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

It's not as quality as the guides Nintendo Power used to make (before they were bought by Future), but Prima did a pretty good job on it (from what I can tell). Plus, it's got a big ol' poster of the Koopalings inside. Awesome.

And yeah, I'll pull an old players guide out from time to time and just go through it for no reason at all. I dunno... just to bring back the experience of playing it I guess (and saving loads of time by doing so. ). Heck, I even have the players guide for REmake, a game I don't even have.

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

The rule on strategy guides is that they're a legitimate purchase, but should be reserved until after you've beaten the game/given it a serious go.

So be it!

....I don't really see the point in buying one for the sake of beating a platformer, though. It doesn't seem the sort of genre where that would help much.

I just got it today. I got up to world 3-2 and right now I'm taking a break.

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

So be it!

....I don't really see the point in buying one for the sake of beating a platformer, though. It doesn't seem the sort of genre where that would help much.

Remember World 5 in SMB? Remember how a strategy guide could help you skip that world entirely? I only wish I had something similar for World 8!

noname2200 said:

Remember World 5 in SMB? Remember how a strategy guide could help you skip that world entirely? I only wish I had something similar for World 8!

....Super Guide?