By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

^^ actually i do that too....but i am still in world 2 cause i am studying for my history test tomorrow

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network

i was on youtube looking at a review of this game a fellow user did, and he gave a rather convincing reason that the game box is red.

"there is a reason that this box is red. it's stained with the blood of nintendo's enemies."

so funny >D

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

I am mildly disapointed in the "boss battles." They are all cake walks. The levels themselves are pretty fun though. Nothing I would consider hard, but a couple spots I died for being too reckless which is a refreshing change of pace from the last few Mario games. Still haven't played worlds 6-8 enough to make a final call on that one. The game is clearly a tribute to every 2D Mario that came before it, and I love it to death for that. Penguin Mario for the win!

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

ameratsu said:

Yup, at the end castle. ( I <3 the haunted house)

Finding that third Star Coin was a total b**** though. Good times nonetheless.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Level 3-1 was some of the most fun I've ever had in a Mario game.  Can't wait to try that one multiplayer.

OH CRAP, Penguin Mario slides on his belly!  EVEN ON THE WORLD MAP!!!

I <3 Penguin Mario. He's my second favorite power-up next to Frog Mario.

Euphoria14 said:
My goodness, everyone plays much faster than I do. I am just now up to the last castle in world 3.

I need to stop wasting all my time trying to grab the star coins...

Nah, Star Coins are half the fun. They encourage you to explore every nook and cranny, and do things you wouldn't bother to do otherwise.

noname2200 said:
ameratsu said:

Level 3-1 was some of the most fun I've ever had in a Mario game.  Can't wait to try that one multiplayer.

Euphoria14 said:
My goodness, everyone plays much faster than I do. I am just now up to the last castle in world 3.

Nah, Star Coins are half the fun. They encourage you to explore every nook and cranny, and do things you wouldn't bother to do otherwise.

Penguin Mario > all! Unbelieers shall be burned at the stake.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
noname2200 said:
ameratsu said:

Euphoria14 said:

Are you calling me an unbelieer?

Oh, and I missed your last post. I agree that it would have been nicer if they'd been more robust, but I give them points for making each fight unique (so far: I've only downed Rol, Rubang, and myself).

Gnizmo said:
noname2200 said:
ameratsu said:

Euphoria14 said:

Sorry, The best all time mario suit is Tuniki Suite. Nothing else compares. End of Story.

Raistline said:

Sorry, The best all time mario suit is Tuniki Suite. Nothing else compares. End of Story.

Does the Tanooki Suit let you hop around on land like an awkward 2-year old with Tourette's? No? Then you are wrong sir!

noname2200 said:

Oh, and I missed your last post. I agree that it would have been nicer if they'd been more robust, but I give them points for making each fight unique (so far: I've only downed Rol, Rubang, and myself).

If you do not understand the glory that is Penguin Mario then you are an unbeliever who shall be punished with eternal fire. If only you had seen the proper path. Then you cold use the holy Ice Balls of Doom to save yourself.

My problem with the boss battles is that they aren't really that unique. At least not in my opinion. You just jump on their heads three times before they get a chance to use their special attack. I suppose I could let them stand up before smashing them back down, and look to see how they would attack me. All the same I'd rather crush them as quickly as possible to laugh at them as they try to spin into me.

@Raistline
We have plenty of stakes for everyone. Worry not. Your souls shall be cleansed.

Gnizmo said:
noname2200 said:

If you do not understand the glory that is Penguin Mario then you are an unbeliever who shall be punished with eternal fire. If only you had seen the proper path. Then you cold use the holy Ice Balls of Doom to save yourself.

Pish Posh and poppycock. When the End Times near, I shall simply hop over them in a wildly-ungraceful-and-totally-hilarious manner only to lose my suit to the next goomba because moving on land is HARD. I can dodge fires all day. By contrast, your precious Ice Balls barely bounce once before they melt: they ain't gonna last.

My problem with the boss battles is that they aren't really that unique. At least not in my opinion. You just jump on their heads three times before they get a chance to use their special attack. I suppose I could let them stand up before smashing them back down, and look to see how they would attack me. All the same I'd rather crush them as quickly as possible to laugh at them as they try to spin into me.

The means of beating them is the same, but I'm referring to their castle fights, where they each have different moves. Roy was my favorite so far, although Iggy's was pretty amusing as well.

Plus, they have an awesome nod towards Yoshi's Island before each of those fights. I love this game...