By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Halo Reach Images

It might be Unreal.

Around the Network

Aw crap its still the same halo 3 engine.

Still, that probably won't stop me from lining up at 9:00 PM for midnight launch like a million other poor sods, like ODST.

At least the environments and are different though.

It's not H3 engine, grow up people

Steroid said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Steroid said:
Kinda looks like Halo 3 right? It's still too early to know for sure, but I have a felling this isn't going to be console graphics king as some have speculated.

Please tell me who these people are your talking about because I haven't seen a single such claim.

You haven't heard the claim that PS3 exclusives are graphicly superior to 360 games because those PS3 games are running on engines built specifically for the PS3? And that Halo Reach will be one of the first games running on an engine specifically built for the X-Box 360? 

And where in that statement is there anything about console graphics king? Don't put words in peoples mouths or else don't complain when people say for example Killzone 2 sold poorly considering the amount of hype it had and PS3 fanboy expectations. If you validate one then your validating the other.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Cool. I hope more and more infor starts coming out for this game. I, for one, cannot wait.

Around the Network

Gameplay Details:

Quote:
New Carbine
new carbine that shoots needles, and explodes when 3 needles are hit

BR

it is a one shot battle rifle with 12 rounds, pretty powerful and effective long range.

Perks

This is what the HUD looks like. In the bottom left, you can see your squadmates health and names.
Right above the radar shows what perks you are carrying. When I played there were 3 perks-sprinting, cloaking, and halogram.
The sprinting makes you run when you hold LB,
cloaking makes you invisible (when you cloak your radar jams and you can't really hear anything around you).
The halogram creates a hologram of yourself, so enemies will shoot at both.

I think I made a thread a little while ago saying they would be having perks.

Mendicate Bias said:
Steroid said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Steroid said:
Kinda looks like Halo 3 right? It's still too early to know for sure, but I have a felling this isn't going to be console graphics king as some have speculated.

Please tell me who these people are your talking about because I haven't seen a single such claim.

You haven't heard the claim that PS3 exclusives are graphicly superior to 360 games because those PS3 games are running on engines built specifically for the PS3? And that Halo Reach will be one of the first games running on an engine specifically built for the X-Box 360? 

And where in that statement is there anything about console graphics king? Don't put words in peoples mouths or else don't complain when people say for example Killzone 2 sold poorly considering the amount of hype it had and PS3 fanboy expectations. If you validate one then your validating the other.

LOL...why even feed trolling...how can he make ANY graphical determinations on a build this far out is amazing...not to mention that screenshots are blurry as hell...I DO believe the graphics will be HD, and will look very good, but I'm sure Bungie isn't out there trying to make some picture perfect game that doesn't sell like expected.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder