By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Gears of War

10/10

I played this game so much at my friends house it is what drove me to buy a 360. Funny thing is I never did buy the first Gears... Still a great game!

Around the Network

9.8 ( I have to leave room for Gears 2)

By far the best cover system in any game.
Co-op is done perfectly
An Assualt Rifle with chainsaw built in, how could it get anymore awesome than that.
Controls were great
Graphics were very well done
Its a TPS

9/10

Better than sequel...more gun fights and raw gameplay.

10/10 a perfect game where everything is enjoyable.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Well CGI, just take the standard deviation of all the points and anyone outside 2 doesn't count! (just do it on excel, easy)

Anyway, I give this game 9.2 / 10. IT was the first HD game I played and the graphics blew my mind (now looking back on it they aren't as great, but it created the bar for graphics this gen). The gameplay was fun, but the campaign was short, had bender as a voice, and never had any slow moments, kept changing things up so it didn't get repetitive.

Around the Network

9.9/10

saving the 10/10 for Gears of War 2 :D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

- Way too repetitive.
-Guns without balls.
-Sometimes bad controls.

Take my love, take my land..

9.75 This game was so fresh and original. I bought my 360 for Halo, but was shocked by this game. Assuming the third one is not as easy as two, this series is the reason to own a 360.

I gave GeoW a 9/10, but in 2006, it was light years ahead of everything else on the market. Blowing up propane tanks to provide light so that the Kryll wouldn't kill you (laughed my ass off when that civilian turned off the lights and said "Uh oh, there's something wrong with the power......nah, I'm just fuckin with ya!", the Berzerkers, pushing cars for cover, two player co-op without a hitch, "grenade tagging" bad guys, the chainsaw bayonnette, the friggin graphics!

Damn, I loved this game. If it were 06, I'd give it an 11/10. All of my expectations and Microsoft hatred were blown away by this game (and at first, I didn't even wanna buy it).