By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Gears of War

All you have to do is put what score you think the game below deserves, and write a brief explanation as to why it deserves that score.

Voting is open for 3 days, after the 3 day period I will count up all the scores and get the average of the game.  I will be putting up a new thread with a new game every 3 days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

1. You had to have played at least enough of the game to form an honest opinion about it

(playing it for 5 minutes is NOT enough time, nor is watching a friend play the game)

2. Users with less than 100 posts cannot score a game unless they back up their post with very good reasons as to why they rated it so.

3. scores have to be on a 10 point scale with 7 being average, and anything longer than 2 digits (Eg: 9.75) won't be counted.

4. If you score a game under a 5 or under, you have to go into great detail as to why you gave it such a low score.

5. A game must have at least 5 people that gave it a score to be counted.

6. If you score a game more than once none of your scores will count

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice--Starting November I will only be having 2-3 game ranking threads a week, and scoring will stay open for 3 days.

(Because I'm moving somewhere that only has dial-up internet)

Today's game is Gears of War

Gamerankings score--90.48%

Vgchartz score--8.96

Highest score is 10, lowest is 5

I would give this game a 8.8

+ Showed what the 360 was capable early on in the gen, fun gameplay, good way to start your 360 game collection

- Basically no storyline, boring online, no replay value.

Vgchartz top 12 rated games

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)--9.52

2. Super Mario Galaxy(Wii)--9.39

3. The Orange Box(Multi)--9.24

4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princes(Wii)--9.16

5. Halo 3(360)--9.13

6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl(Wii)--9.09

7. Mario Kart Wii(Wii)--9.04

8. Uncharted(PS3)--9.03

9. Batman: Arkham Asylum(Mulit)--9.01

10. Gears of War(360)--8.96

11. Halo 3: ODST(360)--8.95

12. Mass Effect(360)--8.94

Next game is Mirrors Edge!

Thanks to Blacksaber for the awesome vgchartz ranking game logo, and thanks to all of you for participating 

To view a list of all games from every ranking game thread click here.

Around the Network

9.5/10...

Pros

Amazing graphics that hold up even to this day

Made the 3rd person cover system fun

Fun Multiplayer

CONS

Seems the only colours chosen were grey and black and the occasional blue

Terrible Voice acting and story.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

It felt overrated

Negatives
- I love you Grey!
- Is Cole the only human with any emotion?
- Story
- Not enough Cole train...

Former something....

9.3/10

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
dsister44 said:

It felt overrated

Don't count this hater's vote!

I can see through the hype of games 

+ Great Visuals
+ Great cover system
+ Co-op was fun

- Way too repetitive
- Story-line was too short and felt rushed.
- Did not like the multi-player

Overall, it's a good game, I feel it's way too overrated.

9.1 - It was one of the first true indicators that the new gen had arrived.

Pros:
- It enhanced and nailed the third person cover system mechanic
- Great graphics at release
- Awesome sound
- Great multiplayer component (although I'm not too big on online multiplayer)
- Local co-op :)
- Excellent atmosphere

Cons
- Poor art style in my view. At the time the industry wasn't flooded with UE3 titles but the drab art in the game (very very brown) hurt the visuals IMO. This might have been an intentional design decision to create the atmosphere of war however.
- Although it was a great sound track, a lot of it just felt over the top and didn't fit the situations for me
- Glitchers/Cheaters
- Left you hanging at parts where you thought things were about to go down (ie. Brumak scenes in the 360 version)
- Little to no story within the game - It's a similar gripe to the Halo series. I love the games and the mythos but Halo 2 and 3 didn't make good use of all the great material in the world.

dsister44 said:
CGI-Quality said:
dsister44 said:

It felt overrated

Don't count this hater's vote!

I can see through the hype of games 

Why even vote? You've obviously never played it or you don't like shooters. Gears in no way shape or form is a 6.7

9.9 strictly on the online really, plus the fact that it's the only game this gen i beat a million times with different people one of the only games this gen, that i watchhed the cutscenes in that wasnt a horror game (scda, mgs4, were the other ones)

l4d as well

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889