By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (10/26 - 11/01)

Tbone said:
Bayonetta did good on both consoles. Tekken 6 did good aswell.

Ps3 10k more than wii nice what caused the boost?

the wii might still be on top based on last week's numbers, just saying.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

next week's top will have a lot of ps3... #1 being WE2010..

Tbone said:
Bayonetta did good on both consoles. Tekken 6 did good aswell.

Ps3 10k more than wii nice what caused the boost?

Really? You don't know what caused the boost? Because you just answered your question in your own post.

Awesome PSP sales! 70k sales total, nice one. Great sales for Bayonetta (PS3 and Xbox 360), FF Gaiden, Tekken 6 (PS3) and P3P. Nice week all around, but the Xbox 360 hardware is way low, I thought it would be much better because of Bayonetta and the price cut for elite (they did cut the price, right?).

whoo! go pokemon go!

Around the Network
Egghead said:
Disappointing 360 numbers given first-day sales.

Oh well, well done to PS3 numbers!

I doubt the 360 will see many boosts from game launches now.  For anything multi-plat the PS3 is more likely to get the boost, and with the whole blow-up around ToV, etc. I suspect any future 360 jRPG exclusives will be met with caution unless they are very clearly really exclusive.  Aside from that nothing in the pipeline for the 360 seems likely to appeal in Japan.   (EDIT - maybe Natal, but I think it's going to arrive too late after Wii and by then PS3 will have similar system with EyeToy & Wands so I doubt it will help 360 in Japan much either).

MS gave it a very good push, and the 360 has done well to clear 1M in Japan, but I think with the PS3 Slim in place, and a steady flow of titles now arriving on PS3 the 360 is now going to remain way behind PS3 and Wii in weekly sales for the rest of this gen in Japan.  Still, every week's 2K to 4K increases the install base overall, so I doubt MS will be too upset because at the end of the day they at least made a bit of an impression this gen instead of simply floating face down in the water (in Japan obviously, before someone slams me with US sales).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Wow amazing stuff, Uncharted sold 11k! Heck even Steins;Gate is doing well

Whats that Wii? Oh yeah, it must the price cut, the Wii certainly didnt have one!

Reasonable said:
Egghead said:
Disappointing 360 numbers given first-day sales.

Oh well, well done to PS3 numbers!

I doubt the 360 will see many boosts from game launches now.  For anything multi-plat the PS3 is more likely to get the boost, and with the whole blow-up around ToV, etc. I suspect any future 360 jRPG exclusives will be met with caution unless they are very clearly really exclusive.  Aside from that nothing in the pipeline for the 360 seems likely to appeal in Japan.   (EDIT - maybe Natal, but I think it's going to arrive too late after Wii and by then PS3 will have similar system with EyeToy & Wands so I doubt it will help 360 in Japan much either).

MS gave it a very good push, and the 360 has done well to clear 1M in Japan, but I think with the PS3 Slim in place, and a steady flow of titles now arriving on PS3 the 360 is now going to remain way behind PS3 and Wii in weekly sales for the rest of this gen in Japan.  Still, every week's 2K to 4K increases the install base overall, so I doubt MS will be too upset because at the end of the day they at least made a bit of an impression this gen instead of simply floating face down in the water (in Japan obviously, before someone slams me with US sales).

Well MS is having savage cut backs, last-gen they were very willing to try new IPs, this gen they were doing okay until about last year. Even games like Magna Carta 2, Forza 3 and most likely NNN2 didnt or will not get proper marketing. Also, a Mistwalker game couldve been ready for this year, buts its obvious the cut backs have something to do with it. After all, its MSs only proven weapon for Japan, and even Lost Odyssey which didnt get the massive push like ToV/BD/SO4 etc did went onto sell very well.

The reason those games didnt do well past their first day is that the vast majority of 360 owners have PS3s. Weve seen it before, but with BIGNAME franchises like Tekken, the 360 doesnt sell 1 copy for every 3 sold on PS3, however with most other multiplats, we see the 360 actually holding on quite well as even seen with Bayonetta.

Whatever it is, i think multiplats will help the 360 give it some long term sales there, and i think that if they can hold on to 3-4k for the rest of the generation theyve done well for themselves. However, theyll need big exclusives once in a while to keep momentum. I mean if they can get it to be seen as a cheaper PS3, but also with a lineup of its own games, it wont do so badly.

Unfortunately though, like the rest of the world, MS is resting too much on Natal, and its a wildcard, and even then, if it succeeds itll only help the 360 limp along instead of dieing out.

I expected PS3 to sell 60k this week, but around 40k is also good number.
Wii`ve stabilized at 25-27k so far.

Nice PSP sales, 70k is number one this week.
Bayonetta(PS3/x360) and Takken(PS3) had nice openning weeks.

Uncharted 2 is soon going to pass 100k in Japan, nice.

Good numbers all around but I expected the 360 to be a little bit higher tbh.