By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why don't you buy games for your PSP?

disolitude said:

I love the PSP for Snes Sega CD and Genesis games. Playing Sega CD's Snatcher > any PSP game I've tried yet. They all have quick save too so its perfect for the road.

The reason I don't buy games is because they don't justify the cost in my opinion. I only use my PSP for emulation. Disolitude is correct about Snatcher.

Download a copy for your PSP today.

Around the Network

I love my PSP, but I don't buy any games for it other than PSOne classics. To be honest, I prefer beautiful 2-d side-scrolling games over crappy 3-d games, that's why I have the Metal Slug compilation. :D

It's a great system for playing FF7 and Suikoden wherever you go, I'd love it if they released LUNAR, LUNAR 2, and Grandia.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

I brought mine 'psp first model' and have 0 games,
0 games in 3 years!, Sony must hate me
I brought it as a media player Now because it was cheaper than similar systems at the time eg handhelds and had a better screen as well it was the obvious choice

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

@daveJ

Well, putting things the way you do, it's not sony who hates you, but rather you that have no liking to the games that the PSP has to offer, which clearly is a big library.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

After buying PSP1000, PSP3000 and 55 original UMDs, all i can say is that PSP is a fantastic system with great games.
It's a completely different experience from a tabletop console.
At home, i usually game on my ps3, but there are moments (games) when i simply prefer psp. It's like PS3 is more intense, more visually impressive, 5.1 excellent sound and all but with my psp i find different qualities: more puzzle platform and arcade games which i love, this excellent standby function that allows you to play in very short bursts, a more relaxed way of playing, and of course all the benefits of being a handheld. I travel a lot and have a wife and daughter with their share of 50'' tv time lol.
Dissidia, Monster Hunter, Locoroco 2, Gran Turismo, GTA CTW, Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe are some of the gems i've been enjoying lately.
I see a lot of people tend to evaluate the psp and it's games as if it was a ps3. I think they really don't like handheld gaming as it is today.

Oh, and of course, because you make an intelligent question (why don't you buy in opposition to why don't you play) i say i buy because i have respect for the creators, i like owning a case, i like being "legal" and because i have money to do it.

Around the Network

Havent touched my PSP in 2 years

I have only 2 PSP games - Mytran Wars and Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded.
I only play PSP games when I'm on a road and I'm not driving or somewhere out without anything else to do.

Well I only got my PSP like a few months ago and I have two great games atm and I need to buy GOd of War, Ratchet and Clank, Crisis Core, Tekken 6 BUT...

My PS3 takes up all my gaming time. Can't stop playing Uncharted 2...

Mum even asked why did I even buy the PSP if I'm not gonna use it lol. I answered: I'm waiting for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker.

I think the problem is a lot of PSP games are low end ports of HD games. They are even lower end ports of PS2 and Wii games.

Some of the major PSP exclusives do pretty well. But I imagine most PSP owners play other consoles.

I buy PSP games all the time. They just have to be one's I am interested in :)