By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why don't you buy games for your PSP?

There are not many good games on it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

not alot of games i want

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

Same reason as you, too much gaming on PS3.

Aion said:
There are not many good games on it.

do u have a psp?

I bought PSP only for MHF2, that why i don't buy other games for it.

Around the Network

I buy them occasionally but not so often as i try to not have huge backlog list on PSP.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Because i don't have money enough... :(

Check my wish list

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

i like the PSP. more then my DS.

This is going to actually explain why I sold my PSP, but it works in the context of this question also:

-Many games needed to be made with two analog sticks to function, and they suck controlling them with only one, i.e. Syphon Filter, Fight Night Round 3, etc.

-American support dried up. You have watered down racing games, watered down sports games, and Assassin's Creed. Those are your choices.

-Sony puts their B and C teams on the PSP, even when dealing with key A-level franchises. The one time they have an A-team make a game, the damn team puts in a C-level effort.

-The damn load times...oh the damn load times

-The D-Pad sucks. It's stiff and sticky. Anything with heavy utilization of the D-pad like Guilty Gear and Disgaea are a pain in the ass to control.

-The support just dries up altogether for months at a time. We'll have a few ridiculously niche titles scattered in that time for those that are into them, but nothing that captures most peoples' attention, including my own many times.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I still think it's funny that people have such a hard time to play handheld games at home. I do it all the time. Why? Because the handhelds have lots and lots of great games that's not available for the home consoles (and lie down in the bed and play is awesome, by the way). And I'm not going to miss out on those experiences just because I don't travel any near as much as I should have to do to have time to play them.