By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS exec laughs at DSi's Facebook integration, owns self.

Bladeforce said:
Hence the reason why Microsoft will never be any good at videogames...Nintendo have expanded the market and add things to appeal to that expanded market. Microsoft just don't get it and hence will nver be any good at videogames AND that comes from the xbox project manager LOL

What number Mario/Zelda/Metroid game are we on now?  Sure is plenty of expansion going on there /sarcasm.

Around the Network

*reads Feylic's post and sig* Too late for that, huh?

Back on Topic: I don't give two shits about Facebook or Twitter (even though I have a stagnant account in Twitter, which means that I don't even give 1 shit about Twitter), but the Last.fm service sounds exciting, and since I've still got a few months on my Xbox Live Gold account before they start charging by the month (I got one of those one year membership cards the same day I bought my 360, all I had to do from there was connect it to the internet), I could see myself looking forward to that...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

slowmo said:
Bladeforce said:
Hence the reason why Microsoft will never be any good at videogames...Nintendo have expanded the market and add things to appeal to that expanded market. Microsoft just don't get it and hence will nver be any good at videogames AND that comes from the xbox project manager LOL

What number Mario/Zelda/Metroid game are we on now?  Sure is plenty of expansion going on there /sarcasm.

slowmo, there's a bottle of rat poison somewhere with your name on it... Casual gaming shouldn't be as offensive a term as it seems to be... And by the way, the only thing keeping Nintendo from announcing a new intellectual property is the troubled global economy, and THAT may be on the upswing... In fact, if Nintendo doesn't announce a new IP by the end of 2010, I'll auction off my Wii on Ebay starting sometime in March of 2011... Quote me, motherfucker.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Feylic said:
selnor said:
Feylic said:
selnor said:
ironman said:

It was funny...then I actually listened to the podcast...and now, I am laughing at all the people laughing at the guy even after his ACTUAL stance was pointed out...by two members...you guys fail.

This. Everyone who thinks they are laughing at him, have no idea what was actually said. LOL. How many VGC users look like arses now. LOL. He should print this out and put this on his wall.

Try Listening to it again.

I'm not the only 1 who sees the obvious. Maybe you should listen to it again. Most people here are commenting on the OP. And dont have a clue it has as usual been taken out of context. ROFL.

How is it taken out of context? This is what he says in the interview,

"I find the in-game uses, OK, may be interesting, the out-of-game, hey, it's a camera, use it to connect to Facebook or whatever - I don't find that at all interesting, Don't we all have phones that do that? Why do we need our gaming device to do that?".

This is what the OP quotes him as saying

"I find the in-game uses, OK, may be interesting, the out-of-game, hey, it's a camera, use it to connect to Facebook or whatever - I don't find that at all interesting, Don't we all have phones that do that? Why do we need our gaming device to do that?".

It clearly shows that he is talking about the camera, nothing taken out of context there. This line "hey, it's a camera, use it to connect to Facebook or whatever - I don't find that at all interesting," shows that he is talking about either A: The camera's connectability with facebook isn't interesting, or B: the dsi's camera, even with it's feature of connecting to facebook, isn't interesting.

Either way, this is counter to MS's stance on having facebook on the 360. Not that it really matters much what this guy says, but still funny.

Stop ignoring the obvious before you too get self owned...

Exactly. You miss the entire point that he's reffering to on the move items. He mentions a phone! He is not referring to the completely different market that is consoles. LOL>

JaggedSac said:
famousringo said:
JaggedSac said:
selnor said:
I kinda read it different. I thought he was referring to handhelds, of which a phone has already simplified facebook on the move and is smaller. Whereas consoles are different. They save alot of time not turning your PC on. And automatically adds Gamer friends.

Well, I actually listened to the podcast and this is exactly what he was referring to.  He was talking about the new DS and how he didn't see the need for a camera on it.  And he didn't like the size.

So he's saying that putting a camera on a game platform is pointless? I don't really see how that changes anything.

Or is it cool to have a camera on your gaming platform, cool to have Facebook functionality, but just plain silly to allow the camera to work with Facebook?

He was saying that having a camera and using it for gaming was neat, but having a camera and using it for other things on a gaming handheld device was not something he was interested in.  Because he already had a phone that could do that.  It was mainly about whether he should upgrade DS or not.  Since he already owns one.

Then what is Xbox Live Vision?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
WheelStriker said:
Funny how microsoft thinks the feature is pointless and yet they have facebook (and twitter) on xbox live, which is just as pointless.

I LOL'd

selnor said:

Exactly. You miss the entire point that he's reffering to on the move items. He mentions a phone! He is not referring to the completely different market that is consoles. LOL>

That is quite possibly the weakest argument I have ever seen on this website. He says why bother with DSi facebook when we have phones, and yet computer access is more common than internet capable, or photo capable cell phones. Wouldn't that make the 360's usage even worse? Might want to try a different approach on this one.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

huaxiong90 said:

Does MS have a handheld where that works on?

JaggedSac said:
huaxiong90 said:

So what? A ds is portable. Sounds like the DS camera is of better use to me, honestly.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
JaggedSac said:
huaxiong90 said:

So what? A ds is portable. Sounds like the DS camera is of better use to me, honestly.

e was discussing whether to upgrade to a new DS.  He was talking about the fact that the camera would not be a reason to upgrade because he was not interested in it and also because his phone could already do it.

Done.

End of Story.