By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS exec laughs at DSi's Facebook integration, owns self.

JaggedSac said:
huaxiong90 said:
JaggedSac said:
huaxiong90 said:

Then what is Xbox Live Vision?

Does MS have a handheld where that works on?

So what? A ds is portable. Sounds like the DS camera is of better use to me, honestly.

e was discussing whether to upgrade to a new DS.  He was talking about the fact that the camera would not be a reason to upgrade because he was not interested in it and also because his phone could already do it.

Done.

End of Story.

Ok, now that makes sense. Thank you.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
selnor said:

Exactly. You miss the entire point that he's reffering to on the move items. He mentions a phone! He is not referring to the completely different market that is consoles. LOL>

That is quite possibly the weakest argument I have ever seen on this website. He says why bother with DSi facebook when we have phones, and yet computer access is more common than internet capable, or photo capable cell phones. Wouldn't that make the 360's usage even worse? Might want to try a different approach on this one.

LOL. 360's intergration is completely different. It incorporates Your whole Gamer ID. Something Facebook normal doesn't do. My entire Gamer friends gets automatically put onto Facebook. Not to mention the Sky player on 360 is much better experience than Sky box itself. I wouldnt be surprised if the Facebook one is as well. He was talking about handheld device. Every phone comes with it now. And it is simpler and easier on phones. Why would you lump a device 3 times the size of your fone around to use Facebook. See? 360 not only is easier and simpler to use than a PC, but much more user friendly. I laugh at those not seeing the point. LOL.

selnor said:
Gnizmo said:
selnor said:

Exactly. You miss the entire point that he's reffering to on the move items. He mentions a phone! He is not referring to the completely different market that is consoles. LOL>

That is quite possibly the weakest argument I have ever seen on this website. He says why bother with DSi facebook when we have phones, and yet computer access is more common than internet capable, or photo capable cell phones. Wouldn't that make the 360's usage even worse? Might want to try a different approach on this one.

LOL. 360's intergration is completely different. It incorporates Your whole Gamer ID. Something Facebook normal doesn't do. My entire Gamer friends gets automatically put onto Facebook. Not to mention the Sky player on 360 is much better experience than Sky box itself. I wouldnt be surprised if the Facebook one is as well. He was talking about handheld device. Every phone comes with it now. And it is simpler and easier on phones. Why would you lump a device 3 times the size of your fone around to use Facebook. See? 360 not only is easier and simpler to use than a PC, but much more user friendly. I laugh at those not seeing the point. LOL.

Facebook
If you have a keyboard hooked up to your console it’s usable, and watching photo slideshows on your TV is a significant improvement on a NETBOOK, but the real advantage of Facebook on the Xbox is being able to see which of your work colleagues and old school friends has an Xbox Live account. Great if you’re looking for new people to join you in online games.

BTW what's this topic to do with sky?

Is this guy the replacement for J.Allard or Peter Moore?

selnor said:

Completely different how? Incorporating your gamerID is not completely different. It is just another feature. You aren't doing your aguments any favors so far. Why do I need it to incorporate my online friends though? I can do that with a couple clicks by a computer. Handy if I happen to be on the 360, but I would counter that if you were playing the DSi and wanted to stop and add someone that would be just as convinient.

My phone doesn't have facebook. I got it a couple months ago. I can count the number of people I do know who have a phone capable of doing that on one hand. Nope, still don't have a point there, but lets keep trying to find one!

Why buy a $200 console with a $30 a year subscription fee to use facebook? See, I can make absurd counter arguements that have no basis in reality as well! You don't use a 360/DS/PC to access facebook. You access facebook because you are using a 360/DS/PC.

How is facebook on 360 easier or simpler to use? How is it more user friendly? You laugh at my point because you apparently can't make one of your own.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229