By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS exec laughs at DSi's Facebook integration, owns self.

Not sure if this one's been posted, but I think it's funny enough that it needs to be shared:

http://kotaku.com/5395581/xbox-live-ops-manager-aint-going-for-this-facebookgames-thing

In the latest thrilling episode of Major Nelson's podcast, the gang raps about the DSi XL and its virtues and drawbacks, and regular guest "e" (Eric Neustadter, the Xbox Live operations manager) says this whole gaming/Facebook synergy? Not diggin' it.

"I find the in-game uses, OK, may be interesting, the out-of-game, hey, it's a camera, use it to connect to Facebook or whatever - I don't find that at all interesting," says Neustadter. "Don't we all have phones that do that? Why do we need our gaming device to do that?"

Yeah. Good question. Why would anyone integrate Facebook with a gaming platform, anyway?

Think before you speak, people!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

hahahaha

brilliant!!

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Yeah, I must say I don't really get the whole integrating facebook with consoles... but I am not an addict!

ROFL

Around the Network

Lol, what an idiot xD

Doesn't Microsoft own part of Facebook?

Owned does not begin to fully describe what happened here.

This is probably the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Lol, failblog worthy

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

LOL!

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!