By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Divinely Exonerated

...Through the medium of Church leaders.

Church leaders at Manchester Cathedral have "forgiven" Sony for not asking permission to use images of the building in a violent video game.

Sony's PlayStation game Resistance: Fall of Man, uses the historic church as a backdrop to a violent gunfight.

The game was nominated, but failed, to win an award at the British Academy Video Games Awards on Tuesday evening.

The company has apologised for using the graphics, but said it would not be withdrawing the game from sale.

The awards, organised by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), took place at Battersea Evolution, in Battersea Park, London.

After it was announced that the game had not won an award, the Dean of Manchester Cathedral, the Very Reverend Rogers Govender said: "I think some important lessons have been learnt.

"So we do forgive Sony for what they have done, even though they still believe they have done nothing wrong.

"In an industry that is breaking new frontiers, it is important that long held traditions of film and television are maintained.

"These traditions include having courtesy, respecting the dignity of your subject, and admitting when mistakes have been made.

"In so many ways Sony have failed to live up to these standards by disrespecting people of faith and the victims of gun crime here in Manchester."

He said however due to the row over the video game the cathedral had seen an increase in visits form young people and tourists.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7059429.stm

Around the Network

Now the curse on Sony has been lifted.

On the contrary, its when they "claim" to forgive that the real curse begins! muahaha

Proof that god hates the PS3 and loves the Wii? I think so!

PS - If you couldn't detect the sarcasm there you suck at life =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
On the contrary, its when they "claim" to forgive that the real curse begins! muahaha

Proof that god hates the PS3 and loves the Wii? I think so!

PS - If you couldn't detect the sarcasm there you suck at life =P

Or your bad at sarcasm...

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Those church retards really piss me off, if anyone has played the game you would of known that the church was used as a Hospital to save dieing men from fighting an invading army. The church was used to bring comfort to the soldiers in their last minutes of life. I could see how the church would have a problem with this, they had no little children for the priests to rape.

Around the Network

No one expects the British inquisition!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Griffin said:
Those church retards really piss me off, if anyone has played the game you would of known that the church was used as a Hospital to save dieing men from fighting an invading army. The church was used to bring comfort to the soldiers in their last minutes of life. I could see how the church would have a problem with this, they had no little children for the priests to rape.

Easy on the retaliation, we all thought it was a pretty dumb move on the church's part but let's not start taking swings at religious establishments here with innapropriate language.

Griffin said:

Wow!! You've got some strong hate towards Christianity.

Have you considered becoming a Rigist?

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Big_Rigs:_Over_the_Road_Racing

I'm a current member. :D

I don't see it happening this way, I see it as they're saying "Okay, now that we've gotten our publicity from this, we can move on".

Griffin said:

Yeah!!! DAMN THEM!!!! How dare they be upset that they wern't given the common courtesy of being asked if their building could be used in ANY videogame.

Seriously though, Insomiac should of asked first, it's common courtesy. (Sp?)  Sony would of been in the wrong no matter what the game was about and what the building was used for.