By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Divinely Exonerated

NightStalker said:
The Church got all the money they wanted from the visitors they had come in due to this debacle. Sony has been officially used and now it was time to "forgive" them. I have to admit this church is good -_-

Oh, no doubt they were using the situation to their advantage, but Insomnia still should of notified them.  It's just being proffesional. 

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
In film and TV, the film makers will ask the building owners whether it is alright to use their buildings in a the film or TV show in the way they want...

This is just a courtesy thing the game industry has to learn as many of these buildings are marketed using significant dollars and the people that own the buildings want to maintain a specific image of the building.

I doubt it had any significant effect on not winning the award though. Resistence is good and scored 87% on average... Nominated and not winning an award seems like a fitting outcome. 90%+ games usually win the awards.

This is not the same thing. The permission is to physically go onto the property to film it. If the film/TV show makers don't have the permission, they use another place, like a similar building or set, and then pretend it's the place they wanted. And if they use a set, they may not even ask permission to use the building, as they didn't intend to go in there in the first place.

This is what Resistance did. They created a digtial facimily of the cathedral. They did not physically go in there, so they shouldn't have had to ask permission.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

So the church has finally stopped advertising Resistance huh....

Its actually been said that visits to the Cathedral have increased because of all of this publicity and press. Sneaky Sneaky

LordTheNightKnight said:
NeoRatt said:
In film and TV, the film makers will ask the building owners whether it is alright to use their buildings in a the film or TV show in the way they want...

This is just a courtesy thing the game industry has to learn as many of these buildings are marketed using significant dollars and the people that own the buildings want to maintain a specific image of the building.

I doubt it had any significant effect on not winning the award though. Resistence is good and scored 87% on average... Nominated and not winning an award seems like a fitting outcome. 90%+ games usually win the awards.

This is not the same thing. The permission is to physically go onto the property to film it. If the film/TV show makers don't have the permission, they use another place, like a similar building or set, and then pretend it's the place they wanted. And if they use a set, they may not even ask permission to use the building, as they didn't intend to go in there in the first place.

This is what Resistance did. They created a digtial facsimile of the cathedral. They did not physically go in there, so they shouldn't have had to ask permission.

QFT.  QF complete T.  If a film crew wants to shoot on site, they ask permission from the site.  If they decide to make a CGI version, pixel perfect down to the last inch, of that site, they ask permission from the pixels.  (Also, corrected spelling.)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!