By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Rebellion Dated (28th Jan) = same day as ROF & Ar Tonelico 3!

wenlan said:
Xen said:
Sent to die indeed. 3 JRPG's in 1 week is too much. RoF will kill the others.

Oh well. I'll get RoF and AT3 when they get their localizations. Don't know about Last Rebellion.

I think AT3 will do better than ROF (on PS3) in Japan.

No way. RoF will probably have massive marketing, it has obviously a bigger budget, looks better and it's made by a bigger developer and publisher (Tri-Ace/Sega). If they're smart, it could easily reach White Knight Chronicles-like sales.

Around the Network

lol..at ppl thinking ROF wont hit a mill....i mean really?..AT3 has niche cult following, meaning its deffiently gonna sell to everybody whos played the series..and thats most likely it( no offense to AT love the series...just waaaaay to small). ROF will deffiently hit a mill thats garenteed.

For all we know it can blow FXIII out of the waters,

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Ar Tonelico III has undressing, thats gonna sell tons in Japan

But yea, I think RoF is gonna outsell it. But I don't think its gonna sell 1m across both platforms (in Japan).

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Xxain said:
lol..at ppl thinking ROF wont hit a mill....i mean really?..AT3 has niche cult following, meaning its deffiently gonna sell to everybody whos played the series..and thats most likely it( no offense to AT love the series...just waaaaay to small). ROF will deffiently hit a mill thats garenteed.

I'm not saying that AT 3 will hit a million, just that Resonance of Fate will sell ok ending with around 700-850k lifetime. I think it could similar numbers to Eternal Sonata in Japan. Higher than that of course, but around 250-300k from Japan (both versions combined)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Vagabund said:
wenlan said:
Xen said:

Oh well. I'll get RoF and AT3 when they get their localizations. Don't know about Last Rebellion.

No way. RoF will probably have massive marketing, it has obviously a bigger budget, looks better and it's made by a bigger developer and publisher (Tri-Ace/Sega). If they're smart, it could easily reach White Knight Chronicles-like sales.

The gameplay design of RoF is obviously aiming the western market.  And from I read, the RPG fans in Japan/Asia are more excited about AT3.

One can argue those people are "core" gamers, but again, I don't think the "casual" gamers over there want to play a "shooting" RPG, i.e. RoF.

Last Rebellion is sent to die, that's for sure.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

wenlan said:
Vagabund said:
wenlan said:
Xen said:

The gameplay design of RoF is obviously aiming the western market.  And from I read, the RPG fans in Japan/Asia are more excited about AT3.

One can argue those people are "core" gamers, but again, I don't think the "casual" gamers over there want to play a "shooting" RPG, i.e. RoF.

Wenlan...u do kno ROF is the 4th most wanted game in Japan right..why AG3 was 7th..ROF is beating AT3 by alot

outlawauron said:
Xxain said:

I'm not saying that AT 3 will hit a million, just that Resonance of Fate will sell ok ending with around 700-850k lifetime. I think it could similar numbers to Eternal Sonata in Japan. Higher than that of course, but around 250-300k from Japan (both versions combined)

WW or Japan??

Xxain said:
outlawauron said:
Xxain said:

WW or Japan??

Which number. I said 700-850 worldwide and 250-300k from Japan.

I think my Japan is probably inflated a little bit. This is by no means a final prediction.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Xxain said:
wenlan said:
Vagabund said:
wenlan said:
Xen said:

Wenlan...u do kno ROF is the 4th most wanted game in Japan right..why AG3 was 7th..ROF is beating AT3 by alot

i look at the preorder ranking and what people said on the forum over there.  i am not biased toward either of them.

besides, AT3 was announced much later than RoF, so it will affect its ranking at the famitsu most wanted list.

i know you are a big fan of RoF, but we haven't really seen that much gameplay of RoF yet.  don't forget that new IP tends to struggle in Japan (that means low 1st week #).  on the other hand, AT3 is looking really good so far and it seems to be greatly improved over AT2. 

let's wait until the end of January to find out :)

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX