By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's the most Sony biased third-party?

Epic, they love Sony so much

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Boutros said:

Capcom?...

Resident Evil series is multiplatform
Devil May Cry 4 is multiplatform
Onimusha is multiplatform
Dead Rising is 360 exclusive
Lost Planet was 360 timed exclusive
No PS3 exclusive

I don't understand...

That's right, Capcom. As I said, they were key supporters for PS1 and PS2.

Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 were PS1 timed exclusive. Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2 were PS2 exclusive. Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3 were PS2 exclusive. Onimusha 1 (Xbox version later), 2, 3 and 4 were PS2 exclusive. Dino Crisis 1 and 2 were PS1 timed exclusive. Breath of Fire 3 and 4 were PS1 exclusive and 5 were PS2 exclusive. Megaman X5, X6 were PS1 exclusive and Megaman X7 and X8 were PS2 exclusive. Monster Hunter 1 and 2 were PS2 exclusive. Monster Hunter Freedom 1 and 2 are PSP exclusive and the major seller games for it.

They still give major support for PS3. The only real exception is Monster Hunter 3. There's no doubt, they have strong ties with Sony.

psrock said:
Epic, they love Sony so much

Well Unreal Tournament III was PS3 timed exclusive.

DrYon said:
Boutros said:

Capcom?...

No PS3 exclusive

I don't understand...

Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 were PS1 timed exclusive. Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2 were PS2 exclusive. Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3 were PS2 exclusive. Onimusha 1 (Xbox version later), 2, 3 and 4 were PS2 exclusive. Dino Crisis 1 and 2 were PS1 timed exclusive. Breath of Fire 3 and 4 were PS1 exclusive and 5 were PS2 exclusive. Megaman X5, X6 were PS1 exclusive and Megaman X7 and X8 were PS2 exclusive. Monster Hunter 1 and 2 were PS2 exclusive. Monster Hunter Freedom 1 and 2 are PSP exclusive and the major seller games for it.

They still give major support for PS3. The only real exception is Monster Hunter 3. There's no doubt, they have strong ties with Sony.

They might have been but they are not anymore.

rofl CAPCOM?

konimi and thats because their big ps2 title is still a ps exclusive.

Around the Network

obvioulsy valve, bungie and epic

As far as third parties that don't have publishing contracts with Sony go, it's obviously Konami, if only for Kojima.

As for those saying Square Enix and Capcom

DrYon said:
Boutros said:

Capcom?...

No PS3 exclusive

I don't understand...

Between the Capcom Five and every major Capcom franchise this generation either going multiplatform ps3/360 and Monster Hunter completely jumping ship, I'd hardly call them Sony biased.  And let's not forget that Dead Rising was 360 exclusive and Lost Planet timed exclusive.

And hell, almost all of their ps1 big hitters went multiplat as well, with RE 1-3 winding up on more Nintendo platforms than Sony platforms.

If you count Insomniac, Insomniac.

If not, I suppose Kojima. One Sony exclusive, another Sony exclusive in development and a PS360 multiplat also in development.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

konami it's the only company that it yet to backstab sony.

square enix did it.

though konami did make rising, it's multiplatform and MSG4 still exclusive.