By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS1 was always the better console than the N64 and this come from a big Nintendo fanboy back in the old days.
I used to hate the PlayStation a lot back in the SNES days, when they release N64, i love it so much. my friends told me i should get a PS1, i said no, but then i went to my best friend house and play with his bros and lot of our friends Mortal Kombat Trilogy and a someof their PS1 games and i am hook and i still have my SNES and N64.
too poor to afford a PS1 cause i am still a kid, 12 years old. dad won't buy another console when i already have both SNES and N64. later i sold my N64 to one of my other friend and get $100 lol, kids back in the old days buy crap without telling their parent and hehe he stole $100 from his mom and bought my N64.
i use it with some money i have save that was given by my parent and go to K-mart with some of my friends to buy me a PS1 when i was 13 lol.

such a memorable days back then, wish i wold go back in time, but oh well, since then i have always like the PS1 more because of the list of the games it has and then to PS2 vs Gamecube, PS2 blow Gamecube out of the water, to Wii, PS2 still blow out Wii in term of games and sales.

its not like i hate Nintendo or anything, i still love em, but Nintendo also need to make games for their old fans like they shouldn't stick with casual too much.

Around the Network
Vueguy said:
PS2 still blow out Wii in term of games and sales.

Wii's outselling PS2 everywhere but Japan actually.  Moving more software comparatively too.

Well PS1 had better games overall, but N64 broke boundaries with games like Golden Eye 007, Super Mario 64, and who could forget Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
So for me its a toss up

jarrod said:
Vueguy said:

Wii's outselling PS2 everywhere but Japan actually.  Moving more software comparatively too.

Wii is still going, PS2 is almost dead.

what i mean is when Wii reach over 140m units sold on its life time then that's when Wii is dominating PS2. but it ain't gonna happen, its only at 66.8m right now, not even half of PS2 yet.

but the topic the opening person create was right, PS1 was always the better game, like i said on my last message you reply, i was a huge Nintendo fan back in the SNES era to N64 until i try the PS1 games and i then never look back into N64 and Nintendo again cause i am getting older and older, i don't like playing casual games a lot anymore.

Parasite EVe! PS1 was great

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Vueguy said:
jarrod said:
Vueguy said:

Wii is still going, PS2 is almost dead.

what i mean is when Wii reach over 140m units sold on its life time then that's when Wii is dominating PS2. but it ain't gonna happen, its only at 66.8m right now, not even half of PS2 yet.

but the topic the opening person create was right, PS1 was always the better game, like i said on my last message you reply, i was a huge Nintendo fan back in the SNES era to N64 until i try the PS1 games and i then never look back into N64 and Nintendo again cause i am getting older and older, i don't like playing casual games a lot anymore.

I'm not talking at this moment, I'm talking from launch.  Wii's doing better worldwide than PS2 EVER did in fact.

And at this point in it's cycle PS2 was at ~50m btw.  Wii's at nearly ~70m in the same time span.

Okay, getting into the spirit of the thread... my top ten PS1 games!

1. Grandia (SCEA / Game Arts) 1999*
  2. Alundra (Working Designs / SCEJ / Matrix Software) 1998
  3. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (Atlus / ArtDink / Quest) 1998
  4. Dragon Warrior VII (Enix / Heartbeat) 2000
  5. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Namco) 1997
  6. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Konami / KCET) 1997
  7. Valkyrie Profile (Enix / tri-Ace) 2000
  8. Final Fantasy Tactics (Square) 1998
  9. Rage Racer (Namco) 1998
  10. Tail Concerto (Atlus / Bandai / CyberConnect2) 2000

* despite being the INFERIOR version!

Well, the N64 is winning.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

PS1 > N64

/thread

I prefer the PS1 to the N64 better overall library for me but the N64 was a really good console and I never played or liked Nintendo's main franchises (besides Mario), Rare is what carried the N64 imo, it's also the last Nintendo console I have owned