By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Latest two polls from GameReactor, gaming magazine/website in Sweden

What are those, counter strike players? If you're a hardcore cs player, you might. But otherwise, no. I think I've read about Spawn somewhere though, a female cs player, right?

But if online sports becomes popular, who knows. It's growing fast, so in a decade or so they might be celebrities like elite "normal" athletes.

Around the Network

I think a lot of people will be surprised at how successful Assasin's Creed is worldwide. It doesn't always poll at the top of people's lists but rarely do I find someone who is a PS3 or 360 gamer that doesn't have it in the top 3 for Christmas. Also, is you look into Japan in seems to be garnering interest there as well.

PREDICTION: It will be the highest selling 3rd party, multi-platform game this Christmas. Even above CoD4.

@ Sqrl, I think Assasin Creed is about right, because it has 2 sets of owners (360 and PS3) , hyped for it, whereas Galaxy, with one set of owners stil has 1/5 ppl going mad for it...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

cowbourne said:
In sweden PC gaming is the overwhelming majority, with the overwhelming majority of that being Counter-Strike. You could probably thank organizations like Ninjas in Pajamas and Shroet-Kommando for that.

Btw, for any swedes on the forums, are Heaton, Potti, Fisker, Ahl or Spawn really well known to the average citizens there?

Well, I'm no CS-player, but I do know who Heaton is, and I have heard of some other CS-players. But I was playing alot of Starcraft a few years ago so I was kinda familiar with competitive gaming.

Regular people that are not gamers will certainly have no idea who those people are.

And no, the overwhelming majority of gamers in Sweden are not counters-strike players. The WoW players are easily the largest group :p There are also a lot of Blizzard-fans in Sweden.

Sweden is all about the DotA man.

"Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite DotA"

Ahahaha.

Around the Network

Another interesting swedish poll from one of the largest online retailers. Tried to translate as good as I could.

http://www.webhallen.com/start.php

Nintendo Wii... vad hände egentligen?

Jag vet inte, den samlar damm sedan releasen.
46%
Jag använder den dagligen i hemmet som brevpress alt. dörrstopp.
11%
Det är en fantastisk och innovativ maskin! Innovativa spel eftersökes.
18%y to hug.
Jag lever på de två-tre topptitlarna som släpps om året.
11%
Allt är bra med maskinen. Snygg, billig bra. Till och med mysig att krama.
15%

Antal röster: 8813

Translation:

Nintento Wii.. What happend with it?

Dont know, collecting dust since launch.
46%
I am using it everyday as paperweight or doorstop.
11%
It is a fantastic and innovative gaming machine, looking for innovative games.
18%
I am living on the 2-3 top games that are realesed every year.
11%
Everything is good with the machine. Looks good, cheap,good. It is even cousy to hug.
15%

Number of votes : 8813

Yojimbo said:
Another interesting swedish poll from one of the largest online retailers. Tried to translate as good as I could.

http://www.webhallen.com/start.php

Nintendo Wii... vad hände egentligen?

Jag vet inte, den samlar damm sedan releasen.
46%
Jag använder den dagligen i hemmet som brevpress alt. dörrstopp.
11%
Det är en fantastisk och innovativ maskin! Innovativa spel eftersökes.
18%y to hug.
Jag lever på de två-tre topptitlarna som släpps om året.
11%
Allt är bra med maskinen. Snygg, billig bra. Till och med mysig att krama.
15%

Antal röster: 8813

Translation:

Nintento Wii.. What happend with it?

Dont know, collecting dust since launch.
46%
I am using it everyday as paperweight or doorstop.
11%
It is a fantastic and innovative gaming machine, looking for innovative games.
18%
I am living on the 2-3 top games that are realesed every year.
11%
Everything is good with the machine. Looks good, cheap,good. It is even cous
15%

Number of votes : 8813

Maybe it's the translation but that seems like an amazingly biased poll designed to get the results they wanted ...

The fact that they don't have a "I don't own a Wii" option, 2 of the options are negative (joke) options that (basically) mean the same thing, they have 2 "backhanded compliment" options, and one positive comment ...

By having so much negativity they're (essentially) asking "Hey PS3 fanboys, come here to bash the Wii!"

I think Webhallen is very popular among young "hardcore" male gamers. I like them too, but if you're in one of their stores it's hard to even get to the counter for all the "acne-teens" :)

A few conclusions from the first poll:

1) 64% of all swedes want a PS3 (36% don't)
2) The price drop will almost double PS3's installed base in Sweden (12% will buy now vs 13% that already own one)
3) When KZ2/MGS4 come out (more games), installed base will almost double again. (23% more buyers on top of the 25% previous 25%)

If this was translated to WW sales we would have over 20M PS3 by the end of March 2008. I wish I could believe polls...

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

""Which continent makes the best games?"

Asia - 31%
Europe - 21%
Yanks - 48%"

Okej, vet ni, det här suger...

And that's about all I have to say about the game preferences of my fellow Swedes.