By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Okay... so... FOOTBALL or FIFA?

I just want to point out to haters of American Football out there that like to say it is not real football where the name came from:

The raw length of a football thru the center (not the edges) is exactly 12 inches. 12 inches in American measurement = 1 foot, hence the name Foot+ball, aka a ball that is a foot in length.

And although soccer is the most popular sport in the world, the fact that Madden can sell at close levels as any FIFA or PES speaks volumes of how powerful the sport is. As for me? I rather play football (aka soccer) but American football is totally more fun to watch on TV and at a stadium.

Around the Network

I never knew that.....

FOOT Ball

PUB QUIZ TASTIC

Whoa my 1000th post just said 'nice'
how boring

Soonerman said:
I just want to point out to haters of American Football out there that like to say it is not real football where the name came from:

The raw length of a football thru the center (not the edges) is exactly 12 inches. 12 inches in American measurement = 1 foot, hence the name Foot+ball, aka a ball that is a foot in length.

And although soccer is the most popular sport in the world, the fact that Madden can sell at close levels as any FIFA or PES speaks volumes of how powerful the sport is. As for me? I rather play football (aka soccer) but American football is totally more fun to watch on TV and at a stadium.

No, I think it just speaks of how more powerful the gaming industry is in the US.

edit: OR how more powerful piracy is in most countries where soccer is more popular.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Soonerman said:

Nice post (well maybe not the sales part). I've learnt something today.

Around the Network

In Europe we call american "football" rugby. After all it's not even played with feet...or with a ball for that matter... But to answer the question I hate both. I can't stand any sport games. They're releasing the same recycled garbage every year.

Soonerman said:

You have to remember that american football games don't have competion like traditional football games have in Europe. You have only Madden when you are buying American football game but you have PES or FIFA when you are buying traditional football game.