By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Okay... so... FOOTBALL or FIFA?

Kasz216 said:
Chrizum said:
Wow, Snake was banned for that post? For pointing out the truth in a total non-flammatory way?

I guess only Americans can be so stiff about stuff like that.

For future reference: America is not the most important country in the world. American Football is infinitely smaller worldwide than Football. Don't like it? Tough luck, you're a minority.

What is the most important country in the world then?  The United States actually is currently the most important country in the world.

hahahaha please,please can i qoute that??? im begging you..

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network

FIFA....Really dont understand American Football !

I'm sure its the reverse for our colonial cousins....

I'm going to go with Madden. Soccer is like watching paint dry.

Steroid said:

So by saying that, you mean that 'soccer' is boring, and 'american football' is not, even when the game stops every 2 seconds and you spend most of the time watching everybody wonder what's the next move?

I see. But then again this is supposed to be about the video game, not watching it, which of course is different. I'll shut up now.

blunty51 said:
Steroid said:

So by saying that, you mean that 'soccer' is boring, and 'american football' is not, even when the game stops every 2 seconds and you spend most of the time watching everybody wonder what's the next move?

I see.

Yep as opposed to Soccer where they score once every other game. Oh and guys pretend to fall down so the onther team can get a penalty? The only action packed thing about soccer is the riots.

Around the Network

Well it's quite obvious , North Americans are going to say madden, and everyone else is going to say FIFA.

Oh and I don't like soccer, I am probably the only one in my country who doesn't.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Steroid said:
blunty51 said:
Steroid said:

I see.

Yep as opposed to Soccer where they score once every other game. Oh and guys pretend to fall down so the onther team can get a penalty? The only action packed thing about soccer is the riots.

In soccer's defense there's action all the time, great passes, through balls, long balls etc. Action only stops for a couple seconds if there's a foul. At the same time I suppose there's an appreciation for the grinding between plays in american football to attribute to strategy.

Oh and I totally agree with the bolded above. All sports is supposed to have good sportsmanship. The level to which faking is accepted in 'soccer' turns me off the game.

Samus Aran said:

I hate both :)

Not a fan of football, sorry

Ps: The reason why I hate football(I mean soccer here not american football) should become clear once you know what country I'm from.

Scotland?

Football is appreciated by Europeans as they have been brought up on it.

A nil nil draw can be incredibly entertaining so long as the technical ability of the players is of a high standard.

You do need to be able to concentrate for 45 mins at a time.

American Football is appreciated by the Americans as they have been brought up on it.

The game is incredibly fragmented but American Tv is peppered every 8 mins with ad breaks and it is normal in American society to endure this.

I prefer Football because I have been brought up on it.

Having endured american Tv I cant understand why you guys watch it. I lost the will to live after my fifth commercial break in an hour. Do you need George Foreman grills and cleaning products that badly over there.

^ nice