By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft has the $$$, Why not buy EA and Sqaure ENIX and End the War

Kantor said:
pbroy said:
M$ should buy a third world country and call it Microsoft Land, where everyone is required to register an XBL ID and use MS Points as currency. Everyone will be charged $50 a year to live their.

Why settle for a third world country? They can buy America.

There is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much debt involved in that.  MS would pretty much be selling itself to China.  Then the Xbox would be covered in lead paint and filled with mercury.

Around the Network
C_Hollomon said:

You can't buy a compnay if they not selling.  If Microsoft was to do it, it would mean a lot of change in the companies. People would get fired and some would quit and go work for another company. That would make sales low for games like madden which is the best selling series for EA. I'm not going to buy a xbox just to play EA games.

Also it wouldn't end the war cause Sony can do the same thing by buying other companies.

If it is a publicly traded company sure you can.  Its called a hostile takeover and it would probably cost you MUCH more money than it would normally.

OT:

Buying EA would be the worst thing possible for Microsoft.  That company isn't making money and is actually losing a lot.   The best thing M$ can do is open up their own studios with known programmers etc... from other well known companies.   I think M$ has actually started a few of these in house studios recently anyway ( I know they did one for a  new halo game ).   

Microsoft isn't where its at by being stupid.  Their game plan so far is working much better for them than most people around here would have thought at the start of this generation anyways.  When I first bought my 360 I remember soooooo many people saying that Microsoft wouldn't be around in the console business for much longer.  And now no one thinks that and most think they can only grow from here on.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Kantor said:
axumblade said:
newtgat said:

@ axumblade

I was stating that his #s were from Wikipedia, not mine.  The market caps I listed were from Yahoo Finance and were from the respective company's financials.

Then I apologize to you, while scorning him. Financial data is definitely one of those things to avoid from wikipedia. x.o

I just wanted rough data to show that, really, Microsoft isn't this enormous company compared to tiny little Sony. Ignoring finances, Sony has twice as many employees. If Microsoft can afford EA, so can Sony. Neither of them wants it.

I agree it's in no one's (MS, Sony, EA, consumers) best interest for MS or Sony to buy EA.  

microsoft could have bought activision???

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:
microsoft could have bought activision???

They would need to convince Vivendi to sell..

Vivendi is a majority stake holder in Activision ( they own 54% of the shares).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

In order to guarantee victory all microsoft has to do is buy sony and nintendo. LOL

the games EA suck except for madden
and all of squie enix games suck too

idk said:
the games EA suck except for madden
and all of squie enix games suck too

Whaaaat?

Mass Effect = EA
Rock Band = EA
Dragon Age = EA
Dead Space = EA
Skate = EA
FIFA = EA

EA sucks? Really?

My Gaming Setup

Buying EA would be the best option if they could.

Madden exclusivity would boost 360 hardware by a even larger amount in the US, and apparently Europe to for Fifa.

But you know what?

I'd like to see MS buy Namco. That way we don't see Project Beta with another Tales game again. Ever.

It's just that simple.

RayRay102 said:

One thing I will never understand is why Microsoft, one of the richest and most profitable company in the world, was willing to let go and closed of studios (Bungie, Esemble, and letting Bioware go to EA), having an enemic first party and relies mostly on timed exclusives (cough..Ninja Gaiden...Star Ocean 4, Bioshock, Mass Effect ???), and recently letting Sony and Nintendo kicking them in the tooth in sale in both Japan and EU, isn't willing to use some of Bill Gate's pocket change laying around in his sofa somewhere and buy a large publisher like EA and/or Square ENIX?

Think about this for a second. Having rights to Madden, Fifa, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest certainly guarantee victory in this generation and future generations in all regions.

And to think Microsft was willing to hand over 40 billions to try to buy Yahoo a year ago. I just don't get it. Can somebody help me out here?

Just because a company has lots of money doesn't mean they can buy any company they want.  Also, just because they aren't #1 in Japan doesn't mean they want to be. 

ALSO, just because they have a reputation for having more money than Sony or Nintendo doesn't mean all those assest are exploitable for risky ventures.  Microsoft may be rich, but they got there (and stayed there) by being tight wit htheir money.  Not going around and buying out every company that was smaller than them making a profit.  That's what's hurting EA and Square Enix right now.

Six upcoming games you should look into: