By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Favorite films of 2009

Since I can't remember what movies I've seen this year I'll just go with two I've seen recently: Zombieland and District 9.

Both absolutely amazing.

-edit-

Was Up released in 2009?  Then that is my favorite movie of 2009.

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

wat the hell is a UP?

axumblade said:

These are the 2009 movies I've seen this year ranked in order that I liked them. :p

Inglourious Bastards
District 9
Star Trek
Zombieland
Coraline
The Hangover
Watchmen
I Love You, Man
Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs
Extract
Julie & Julia
Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince
The Invention of Lying
Where The Wild Things Are
Obsessed
Bruno
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Whip It
Madea Goes To Jail
Fast and Furious
The Proposal
The Haunting In Connecticut
Angels & Demons
Halloween II
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Confessions of A Shopaholic
The International
All About Steve
I Can Do Bad All By Myself
The Ugly Truth
The Goods: Live Long, Sell Hard
Duplicity

They are in order by which I liked them. Blue movies I enjoyed the most. Green movies I enjoyed. Yellow movies I liked. Red movies had some good parts. Black movies were a complete waste of my time. And there are some movies I don't want to see even that I didn't bother watching (despite my friends letting me into movies for free). I paid for a lot of the movies that I thoroughly enjoyed instead of letting friends pay for them because they deserved to be paid for. I can say that i've paid to see all of my top movies and other than Coraline and Inglourious Basterds, I have seen all of the movies in blue at least twice. :)

I should have looked at this list before posting...

Anyways, going through your list of movies I recognize:

• Inglorious Bastards-- Really?  I heard meh things about it but I still kind of want to see it.
  • District 9 -- As stated above, amazing.
  • Star Trek -- bleh, it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.
  • Zombieland -- great great great
  • Coraline -- Still want to see this one
  • The Hangover -- I *loved* this movie.  It's so nice to have a nice rated R comedy in the sea of shitty tame romantic comedies.
  • Watchmen -- wait, that was in 2009?
  • I Love You, Man -- Another great comedy.  I actually didn't expect to like this one.
  • Extract -- I love Mike Judge but this movie just wasn't very good.  It started out good but I was just bored by the end.
  • Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince -- blah, they covered the interesting and important parts in the first and last 10 minutes and left the middle two hours to Ron and the chick (because I can't spell her name) being stupid teenagers.  I would rather have that be a total of 20 minutes and spend the rest of the movie on the actual important parts.
  • The Invention of Lying -- Fun concept, shitty movie.  Again, started out good but by about 1/3 way through the joke just wore extremely thin and I was ready for it to be done by 1/2 way through.
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine -- FUCK YOU (not you axum, fuck you to the twat that fucked up that movie and the Marvel characters/timeline in it so badly).
  • Madea Goes to Jail -- I'm afraid you listed this one incorrectly, it should be Tyler Perry's, a film by Tyler Perry starring Tyler Perry Madea Goes to Jail produced by Tyler Perry.  Fuck him.
  • The Proposal -- remember that sea of bad romantic comedies I mentioned earlier?...
  • All About Steve -- WHAt!?  This movie wasn't fantastic by any sense of the word but it was actually one of the better bad romantic comedies and worth watching.

Moon, the best science fiction movie I've seen in a long time.

ManusJustus said:
Moon

Is that the one with Kevin Spacey as the robot and that guy from Matchstick Men?  If so, that movie was pretty good and they both did an amazing job in that movie.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

Since I can't remember what movies I've seen this year I'll just go with two I've seen recently: Zombieland and District 9.

Both absolutely amazing.

-edit-

Was Up released in 2009?  Then that is my favorite movie of 2009.

Yeah, it was. Mid-summer, I think.

Taken, Ingloriuos Basterds, Transformers 2 and Halloween 2

Everybody who's saying Taken:

....Do you mean the Liam Neeson movie?

2009 had a lot of epic movies... a lot of epic fails too (Transformers 2, Terminator Salvation)

For the best movie of 2009 (and I would easily say the best of the decade):

Inglourious Basterds

2nd place goes to:

District 9

3rd place:

Observe and Report

4th place:

Zombieland

I haven't seen Zombieland... and I'm a huge fan of zombie flicks. Is this game still in cinemas in the US? I hope they'll show it in cinemas here in the Netherlands.