By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft respond to PS3 Netflix Announcement

Uh, I'll keep my xbox netflicks because I don't have a ps3 lol. It's that simple.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network

I'm still trying to figure out what makes Xbox Live a generation ahead of PlayStation Network. So far I've come up with Cross-Game Voice Chat, which is a feature confirmed to be coming to PSN. Then there is Cross-Game Invites which is an excellent feature. Finally there is Universal Custom Soundtracks which is a good improvement to Sony's sporadic list of games that support the feature through a number of different methods.

And that's all I can come up with. Hardly enough to be considered a generational leap for sure. Could anyone add to my list?

slowmo said:

PSN is catching up with Live but why has it taken over 3 years?  A service thats not equivalent cannot be better value in any way other than subjectively for each individual user, the fact so many people pay $50 a year to experience Gold access suggests your statement is false for a significant number of gamers.  Taking away feature lists and considering the experiences as a whole PSN is still a way off being the fully integrated service Live is and thats where many see the value of the service.  You're welcome to your opinion that PSN is a better value propostition for yourself but owning both consoles myself I still prefer Live and don't mind the fee for the service I receive.

Well, let's consider someone who just wants to play games online. Why would Live be worth $50 a year to do something the PS3 can for free? To be honest I do not think I'll use netflix but will hold my final decision for now. I guess it would be a matter of what you use your online service for. Mainly I use it for multiplayer games, I do not purchase PSN store games. I do download free demos. This is the reason I feel Live is not a good idea for someone like me.

I like Live's background downloading and instalation. But not worth 50 dollars for me.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

nightsurge said:
Steroid said:
nightsurge said:
You don't need to have a Gold account to use Netflix on your 360.....

Since when?

Since always.

Are you sure?  Why did MS issue a press release saying they wouldn't drop the Xbox Live Gold requirement to use the service?

"The announcement that video streaming service Netflix would be headed to PlayStation 3 next month left many wondering if Microsoft would respond by dropping the Xbox Live Gold membership requirement to use the service on the Xbox 360."

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

@Microsoftgoogle.com

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

It's crazy for Microsoft to change as long as there are many gamers who happy to pay for Live. Microsoft tried the same thing with PC but failed. Of course anyone happy with PSN or PC will think Live is a rip off. As long as gamers are happy paying and Microsoft happy collecting then I'm happy as long as PSN is free. It's a win/win situation for everyone.

lol oh yeh they are soooo far ahead!
OMG 360 has twitter and facebook now? wow amazing!
PS3 has every website...weird
again microsoft flops

Heavenly Sigma said:
I like Live's background downloading and instalation. But not worth 50 dollars for me.

Well, you don't have to pay for that.

JaggedSac said:
Heavenly Sigma said:

Well, you don't have to pay for that.

PSN has background downloading (and possibly installation, I can't remember) as well.