By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The alliance of random members who believe the N64 is better than the PS1!!

I also put somthing for the N64 on my sig. Do I get promoted if I put more?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I loved my N64 sign me up.

Got 2 boxed up in the attic and both still work. Oh seventh gen you have much to learn...

I'm not going to add anything to my sig, but I'm happy to be a member of the N64>PS1 group

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

I'll join.

It's funny that a lot of people ran to the PS1 to play FF7 and FF8. I bought them on my computer and they looked great, much better than PS1.

N64 had Mario 64 before 3D platformers were good. N64 had Goldeneye before console FPS games were good. Plus, they had Ocarina of time which has been considered one of the best games of all time for a while now. They also had Manjora's mask, which I thought was as good as OOT, but with its own twist.

Harvest moon 64 was better on the N64 even though it was almost identical to the PS1 version. Why? Long loading times on the PS1; A problem inherent with its disk based format.

We also can't forget: Star Fox 64, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie (and Tooie), Paper Mario 64 of which I don't think there are games on the PS1 that compare.

You also can't forget how flimsy the PS1 was. You could scratch the disks by looking at them too hard. The PS1 had a hard time correcting even some of the minor scratches. You could freeeze the console by touching the disk cover, or walking to heavily near it. I remember my friends N64; He dropped it down the stairs 3 times and it still works. I dropped a fouton beam on that same console from 15 FT. and took a chunk out of the casing and it still works. I think you could play football with it.

The PS1 sold more than the N64. It's just proof that most consumers don't know good gaming when they see it.

I support the 644444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444!

"Like you know"

Around the Network

Why am I in third? x_x

Senlis said:
I'll join.

It's funny that a lot of people ran to the PS1 to play FF7 and FF8. I bought them on my computer and they looked great, much better than PS1.

N64 had Mario 64 before 3D platformers were good. N64 had Goldeneye before console FPS games were good. Plus, they had Ocarina of time which has been considered one of the best games of all time for a while now. They also had Manjora's mask, which I thought was as good as OOT, but with its own twist.

Harvest moon 64 was better on the N64 even though it was almost identical to the PS1 version. Why? Long loading times on the PS1; A problem inherent with its disk based format.

We also can't forget: Star Fox 64, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie (and Tooie), Paper Mario 64 of which I don't think there are games on the PS1 that compare.

You also can't forget how flimsy the PS1 was. You could scratch the disks by looking at them too hard. The PS1 had a hard time correcting even some of the minor scratches. You could freeeze the console by touching the disk cover, or walking to heavily near it. I remember my friends N64; He dropped it down the stairs 3 times and it still works. I dropped a fouton beam on that same console from 15 FT. and took a chunk out of the casing and it still works. I think you could play football with it.

The PS1 sold more than the N64. It's just proof that most consumers don't know good gaming when they see it.

Although I do enjoy some PS1 games(Resident Evil 3, Final Fantasy 9, and Metal Gear Solid), I agree with you.

The Nintendo 64 only lacked RPGs, which hurt it in Japan. But, whatever. Paper Mario > Any RPG that gen imo.

Senlis said:
I'll join.

That same logic could be applied to the 360 and PS3 this gen.

"Like you know"

rudyrsr8 said:
Senlis said:
I'll join.

That same logic could be applied to the 360 and PS3 this gen.

I think that logic only applies to Nintendo. ;)

On a serious note: I do agree that many people(mainly Europe and Japan) missed out on a fantastic 64bit experience.

Goldeneye 007+Banjo Kazooie=Pewr Winz
There were many more great games, like pokemon stadium :P.