By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS3 Getting Netflix & Cross Game Chat , Will you Continue to Pay For Gold?

This is pretty big for me. The main factor causing em to lean towards buying an xbox is netflix support. I don't have cable so I want to have netflix on tv instead.

Around the Network
AlkamistStar said:
Flamebait threads...VGChartz is getting full of them. "PS3 Getting Netflix & Cross Game Chat , Will you Continue to Pay For Gold?" - from a guy with 30 post, and linked under teh Microsoft section...WTF?!

I have 5 guesses who owns this account.

A person:

1. Who owns a PS3

2. Is a diehard fan of Sony

3. Sees absolutely no wrong in Sony's history

4. Is too scared to use their real account to make statements like that ...

and finally ...

5. Someone who is jealous of the Xbox's success.

Garnett said:

Offtopic i know, but does anyone use Face book or Twitter?

I just dont like face book, im not some 15 year kid with long shaggy hair and skatesboard, just not my thing.

Twitter is just lame, look at me im taking a dump! wohhoo!

OT-  I already hate paying for XBL but im glad i didnt have to wait for those great features to come 3 years later than the rival systems.

Yes, I do. And I use my 360 get update my Twitter and check my Facebook some times, though it's easier to hop on my Crackberry and look at stuff.

I've had LIVE for 5 years - and have had PSN for 2 years. I have tried and tried to find value in PSN but don't.

I'll stick to paying for LIVE over the free PSN, thank you.

madskillz said:
Garnett said:

I just dont like face book, im not some 15 year kid with long shaggy hair and skatesboard, just not my thing.

OT-  I already hate paying for XBL but im glad i didnt have to wait for those great features to come 3 years later than the rival systems.

Yes, I do. And I use my 360 get update my Twitter and check my Facebook some times, though it's easier to hop on my Crackberry and look at stuff.

I've had LIVE for 5 years - and have had PSN for 2 years. I have tried and tried to find value in PSN but don't.

well, i logged onto live the other day, checked some new stuff demos etc. and then just logged off it was boring. just nothing to do.

on psn everything is just better, i can play my online games when i want without having to pay a penny. i mosly use the psn features weekly

imo theres no comparison to be made. live has a few extra bells but not worth a charge.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I put a couple people, game related, to follow on a Twitter account and check on them when I get on my XBox to see if there is anything cool happening.

MS has a Twitter specifically for Marketplace content stuff, so it is pretty useful to see what new is out there.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
madskillz said:
Garnett said:

well, i logged onto live the other day, checked some new stuff demos etc. and then just logged off it was boring. just nothing to do.

on psn everything is just better, i can play my online games when i want without having to pay a penny. i mosly use the psn features weekly

imo theres no comparison to be made. live has a few extra bells but not worth a charge.

Funny you say that and I'd have Gold membership for 5 years.

I'm grown and can make my own decision, financially and the like. I love not paying for something. However, free doesn't equal better. I enjoy LIVE. I liked LIVE so much I bought a chatpad for one of my controllers. I enjoy it.

As a reviewer, I have to be unbiased. I approach every game the same way - sell me on why anyone should pay $50, $60 for it.

As you know, look at the membership numbers. More people are paying for LIVE than PSN. That's a given. But just as you say you wouldn't pay anything for LIVE, several, myself included, say we would. Really, it's $30 a year for LIVE - barely $3 a month for it. And that's .10 a day. I find value in LIVE - and just SMH at PSN. A lot like it because it's free - but let Sony wise up and start charging for the service, I can bet you folks perception of PSN would change.

As stated, I avoid PSN like the plague. It often leaves me confused - even after spending time with it and trying to get into the mind of PSN lovers and wonder 'What do they see in it beside it being free?'

It's funny how many ardent 360 fans claim that this topic is flamebait (trying to shut it down), when in reality it's a legitimate question, considering that both services are offering a similar experience and that one is free and the other is not. If your affection for one specific console prevents you from thinking straight and if you consider a certain way of thinking "dangerous", then I feel sorry for you.

Did you even read the opening post? I asked people who own both consoles.

I am not a fan of Sony; incidentally the very first topic I created here was about PSP Go doing everything wrong.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

I didn't see anything in the article about cross game chat. I'd get Netflix on a PS3 but you need a disc in it which I don't like having, I'm too worried that it'll overheat if I leave it on too long. (It's happened to me the MAG beta download, couldn't reconize the OS for a bit). To me PSN seems like Xbox Live pre NXE, which I hated because it seemed so bland and didn't look well intergrated. Sony should start charging for PSN so they can make it better intergrated and more enjoyable. I like things that grab my attention instead of looking like a list of bars. And yes I will pay for gold, if you can't afford 10 cents a day you shouldn't be at home playing and you should get a job. For me the rule holds true, you get what you pay for.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Damnyouall said:

Is Netflix going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back? For those of you who own both consoles, do you plan to continue paying for a Gold membership?

ok,ok ,ok ,I buy a ps3 ..happy?,...

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

I own both consoles...so while I may have a more informed opinion, it is still, JUST my opinion...

I pay for live because IMO the interface is easier to use, and has multiple perks that I either can't find (poor design) or don't exist on the PSN. Currently those would include: a party system, voice messages, cross game chat/messaging, friends sorting, a better download system (I downloaded the same game twice on PSN, because I didn't remember downloading it before and unlike Live, it didn't tell me I already had), and Netflix/Twitter/Facebook integration.

BEYOND all of that however I have a long list of friends that I play with on Live and many more mullti-player games that I play on Live (so far my PS3 is a single player only experience).

So in short (or was that long...) nothing the PSN does will stop me from paying for Live. When LIVE ceases to be of use to me I will stop, but it is unlikely the PS3 will influence that much at all. THAT however is just my opinion, I'm sure there are lots of folks on here, with their own.