By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Mario Kart Wii

68soul said:

You just gave enough reasons to gain your status of bad poster and troll: well done...

Now, we're used to people like you, and the "admirable quality" of their critics, so we will handle it just as usual: your "review" will be null and void, just as Acevil stated...

I really don't care about your opinions so keep them to yourself and stick to the topic. Those kind of personal "insults" really tell a lot about your personality.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
KingArthur said:
Acevil said:
KingArthur said:
3.5/10

- Inability to use a good racing wheel
- Bad graphics
- Gameplay
- Handling? Damage? What are those?
- Sound

Generally a bad racer.

Did you even bother reading the rules? Your review most likely will be null and void.

Actually I missed the part that you should have at least 100 posts for your rating to be counted. Other than that, I think I gave enough reasons for my rating of the game.

generally you are just trolling and probably a bitter Forza/GT fanboy becuse people were harping on the missing damage modling or lack of weather even though they claim to be the definitive racing simulator. Any person with the slightest bit of inteligence would know the difference between a arcade kart racer and a realistic racer. The complaint about the racing wheel and damage is just complete crap.

Yep for the reason above his vote will not be counted.

KylieDog said:
Because it is vastly superior in control to the wiimote/wheel. Especially for tricks and wheelie downs. If you wanna play using a wheel your penalising yourself.

HAHA, good one. Enjoy being able to use your two left thumbs to steer and go for a trick/wheelie/dodge the pow at the same time. Oh wait, people have 1 thumb :P It's obviously personal preference - the GC controller is easier if you have unsteady hands, and some people claim it has a lower response time and is more accurate (I don't believe it is true but I have no evidence either way), the wheel allows you to steer and do tricks at the same time, and it also is more precise (and I don't want to be misunderstood here, precise is not a synonym for accurate. Precision is the amount of turning available at the smallest movement of the control that is humanly possible. Moving the Wii wheel 1 mm does less than moving the GC controller 1 mm, therefore the Wii Wheel is more precise.)

And btw, we should probably leave KingArthur alone. the mistake he made is the most common mistake amongst professsional video game reviewers. He reviewed the game based on how much it appeals to him, rather than how much it appeals to its traget audience

@ KingArthur - if I were to review the latest madden, for example. My honest thoughts would be "It needs to not be about American football, that game is boring as hell" Of course, I wouldn't say that in a review, nor would I take it into account when giving it a score. I would review the game based on the assumption that I like American Football. This is what you didn't do, and that is why people are not taking your score seriously. Try reviewing it again, based on how much you think someone who likes arcade racers would enjoy it.

KylieDog said:
Because it is vastly superior in control to the wiimote/wheel. Especially for tricks and wheelie downs. If you wanna play using a wheel your penalising yourself.

By that argument we should ban the wii-mote/nunchuk combo because that's the best, definitely better than the GC controller.

scottie said:

And btw, we should probably leave KingArthur alone. the mistake he made is the most common mistake amongst professsional video game reviewers. He reviewed the game based on how much it appeals to him, rather than how much it appeals to its traget audience

@ KingArthur - if I were to review the latest madden, for example. My honest thoughts would be "It needs to not be about American football, that game is boring as hell" Of course, I wouldn't say that in a review, nor would I take it into account when giving it a score. I would review the game based on the assumption that I like American Football. This is what you didn't do, and that is why people are not taking your score seriously. Try reviewing it again, based on how much you think someone who likes arcade racers would enjoy it.

I did just that. I don't review a game for the target audience. I am not getting paid to do that so I will give my own opinion for the game. As in compared to other games of the same genre.

Around the Network

8.7/10
Pros:
Love the Wii wheel, controls great. 4 player split screen, online, always a riot to play with friends. Plenty tracks, characters, karts. Bikes and tricks are a good addition. No snaking.

Cons:
Balancing issues against the computer. It's pretty dam unfair most of the time actually. New items 'casualize' the game even more. Generic graphics (I suppose to cater for the split screen). Online is a good addition but a bit buggy. Recycled tracks. The bike is totally unfair on certain tracks. Miss being able to hold two items (DD).

KingArthur said:
nordlead said:
KingArthur said:

Actually I missed the part that you should have at least 100 posts for your rating to be counted. Other than that, I think I gave enough reasons for my rating of the game.

generally you are just trolling and probably a bitter Forza/GT fanboy becuse people were harping on the missing damage modling or lack of weather even though they claim to be the definitive racing simulator. Any person with the slightest bit of inteligence would know the difference between a arcade kart racer and a realistic racer. The complaint about the racing wheel and damage is just complete crap.

I did not know there was a genre called "arcade kart racer". I see them (forza,gt and kart) as racers. As a racer MK does not hold a candle to likes of forza,gt,race on, lfs, rbr, race pro or heck even grid or dirt.

How is it complete crap? I like to play my racers with a decent wheel. G25 or not as good MS wheel.

Dude you don't compare a game like MK to A sim racer, that would be like comparing a FPS to a RTS game that just because the RTS game has guys with guns in it.  MK is not supposed to be like an actual racing game.

Then it is not a review, and it is worthless to anyone except yourself. Infact, if you judged the game based on how much YOU like it, then only you will care to read it. The same could have been accomplished without actually hitting the post button. Write your thoughts, read them, then close the tab.

As for it being the same genre, the fact that you are so confused about this game shows just how different a genre this game is in compared to Forza or GT5. I don't enjoy playing any realistic racers, the more realistic they get the more bored I get. That doesn't make them bad games, it's just a genre I have no interest in.

yo_john117 said:
KingArthur said:

I did not know there was a genre called "arcade kart racer". I see them (forza,gt and kart) as racers. As a racer MK does not hold a candle to likes of forza,gt,race on, lfs, rbr, race pro or heck even grid or dirt.

How is it complete crap? I like to play my racers with a decent wheel. G25 or not as good MS wheel.

Dude you don't compare a game like MK to A sim racer, that would be like comparing a FPS to a RTS game that just because the RTS game has guys with guns in it.  MK is not supposed to be like an actual racing game.

I realize you are not going to count my rating but that is just stupid. FPS and RTS are different genres. Racers are the same genre.

meh, I don't have to deal with him any more as he was an alt of a known troller.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)