By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 7 Strong SALES 'PLEASE' Microsoft (MS have a HIT on their hands)!

jefforange89 said:
dahuman said:
jefforange89 said:
dahuman said:
jefforange89 said:
dahuman said:
Soriku said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I have Vista and it is the biggest pile of shit that i have ever had the misfortune to use... I want to get Windows 7 (only because i can't legally use an Apple OS on a PC) but i refuse to pay MS for it as after Vista i really do not trust them at all!

WTH? Vista is great. Better than XP.

you are funny.

I'd rather use Vista, despite it's faults, over XP.

The only *real* problem with it is memory usage, and memory upgrades are dirt cheap, anyhow.

loads too slow even on fast machines, you'd love 7 if you like vista already though.

I never had any problems with it on my laptop, and a 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo isn't exactly what I'd call a fast machine.

the boot up process dood, it's the slowest windows to boot up to date, and I don't exactly have the paitence with that stuff, it's crazy.

Well, I turn off my computer a max of once/week, so I guess that doesn't affect me as much. >_>

I run desktops lol, those are power hogs.

Around the Network

Does Windows 7 have lots of support for drivers on printers and stuff? When I switched to Vista, the important things I had were incompatible (thank you Microsoft) and I had to buy a new printer/scanner. Some of the security features of Vista are kind of annoying too but I got used to it and because I wanted my PC to be fast, I got 4 gb of ram and a dual core processor since Vista exhausts resources pretty quickly. Is it worth the switch? I wouldn't mind the slower desktop performance and stuff if that is the only negative aspect to it.

Generally speaking, upgrading to Win7 improves performance. However, if it didn't work with Vista, it probably won't work with Win7.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Munkeh111 said:
Yeah, the whole Vista thing has been blown massively out of proportion

i agree with this statemeent. Vista isnt all that terrible anymore. Sure its not the greates OS ever but its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Personally, I preferred XP over Vista, but then again Vista was an adequate system to game on. Overall though, I think that Vista could've been better but was good nonetheless. I just want to see Windows 7 flourish so that I can get something less convoluted (filing system wise).

Around the Network

I just got myself a 5850 so having win7 gets me DX11 ready lol, and 7 does run things a little faster, just a little though, basically back to XP speed instead of Vista speed lol.

It means Direct X 11 and it will make a difference in about 1 to 2 years time. This is the new XP and sales will be strong again I have no doubt.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Soriku said:
What's wrong with Vista? For me I only use my PC to browse online, I don't play PC games. If we're looking at it from that, what's wrong? Or is the problem for stuff other than just browsing?

There's nothing wrong with Vista unless it is used on some ancient machine with 512/1024 MB of ram and slow single core CPU.

A lot of hate is remainder from first 6 months when 3rd party drivers sucked badly which gave the system bad name.

Also people hated User Access Control  because they preferred to be ignorant about what happens in their pc and it was obviously huge problem to click it when installing something new.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Soriku said:
What's wrong with Vista? For me I only use my PC to browse online, I don't play PC games. If we're looking at it from that, what's wrong? Or is the problem for stuff other than just browsing?

There's nothing wrong with Vista unless it is used on some ancient machine with 512/1024 MB of ram and slow single core CPU.

A lot of hate is remainder from first 6 months when 3rd party drivers sucked badly which gave the system bad name.

Also people hated User Access Control  because they preferred to be ignorant about what happens in their pc and it was obviously huge problem to click it when installing something new.

Definitely. I remember when Vista just came out I installed it on my now "ancient" laptop (2.13ghz Pentium-M/1gb ram from late 2005) and it went from being really fast and responsive on XP, to excruciatingly slow. I would click on something like the start button and I had to wait several seconds before the menu even came up! Let's just say I switched back to XP real quick.

I tried Vista again, when I put together my desktop, but compatibility issues and slower overall performance made me switch back to XP. I'm looking forward to trying out Windows 7 when I get the chance.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Windows 7s is indeed a hit thanks to two big wonderful combinations.

1) It runs better then Vista. It's what a upgraded XP should have been, ie what Vista wasn't.

2) It was $50 to upgrade for some time, and a lot of people took advantage of that. Especially the college students who some got it for free.

When word gets around how good the operating system is more people will dish out the dough to.

It's just that simple.